Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

Prefill a form or copy an old one.

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We're moving our small purchase requests from a SharePoint form to SCSM. One important capability that SP has is being able to copy any old request into a new request. Since most people order/renew the same product year after year, this capability is important.

How in the world would you accomplish the same function?! Can't make selectable "templates" as there are hundreds of entries that change all the time. Guess you could pull up a previous SR (filtered by keywords), but there's no way to preview it or modify it's values (such as Cost, Date Needed, etc.)

Requirement: End User to copy a previous SR and then edit the new form's values.

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brian_Winter ,

We had a similar request from a customer that wanted to "Clone" a work item.

They use it a little different as they have an open work item that they then wanted to click a task to create one or multiple copies.

In your case, you are looking for something that would load a ticket from a year ago and copy that one.

I would do this with a custom form that asked for either the work item number or the user and title and either return a single item, or multiple items to chose one from.

From there, it would be an API call to the portal to create a new work item and copy the values from the old WO to the new one.

Much of this code has been created in one form or another but would have to be customised to your requirements. I would suggest reaching out to your Cireson representative and seeing what it would cost to get a consultant to create something specific to your needs. (I can't imagine it would be more than a day or two) ..... Don't anyone quote me on that! :)

Hope this helps

Brett