Home Analyst Portal

Hide navbar after selection

Thorsten_MewesThorsten_Mewes Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi folks,

we have custom navbar folders with some entries. when selecting an entry, the navbar stays open consuming a lot of space.

Is it possible to hide that again or reset navbar to inital state?

Like so:

Any help would be great!

Best regards, Thorsten

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Thorsten_Mewes

Out of the box this is not possible as there is no specific control to change this behaviour.

However, the CustomSpace folder allows for both Custom JavaScript and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that can help transform any action within the portal.

I've not seen anyone do what you are suggesting but I'm sure with some fancy CSS this could be done.

The navigation panel you are looking to affect is the sub_panel but how that would react to a loss of Hover Over is the tricky part.

Hopefully one of the community members that are a lot better at CSS than I am might be able to provide some more detailed information or an example.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Brett

• Thorsten_MewesThorsten_Mewes Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi @Brett

thanks for your help! :-)

In the meantime we have found another approach that lead to navbar behaviour as we were looking for.

The first example with the expanded navbar in my original post was a custom iframe that was added to portal via sql method as described here:

For other reasons we rebuild our iframe integration some time ago using the view/viewpanel js files in customspace.

Since switching to view/viewpanel js instead of sql method the navbar ist behaving perfectly fine and stays minimized after clicking a link.

Hope we can help someone with that info.

Best regards

Thorsten