Home Analyst Portal

Global Search "problem"

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

sometimes when we load the portal the first time a day, or even sometimes when we just navigate to another page on the portal, the global search looks like this:

Normally navigating to another site resolves the problem - as long as the error occurs again, during navigation.

Does anyone else have this error? Cachebuilder and Platform cache are running stable and there are no error messages inside the log files. We run portal version 11.2.2.2016.

Best Answer

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

This looks like an IIS AppPool recycle issue to me.

IIS, by default, dumps all of it's cached information about the site every night and then re-loads all of the information in to cache when the first person navigates to the page for the day. That can make that first load very slow and might even have some cache issues like this.

To combat this we suggest you set IIS to recycle once a day, but have IIS automatically re-load the site like the first user has click on it. This then makes sure everything is cached for the first use of the page.

I'm writing a KB article on it right now. As soon as it is published I'll let you know.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

This looks like an IIS AppPool recycle issue to me.

IIS, by default, dumps all of it's cached information about the site every night and then re-loads all of the information in to cache when the first person navigates to the page for the day. That can make that first load very slow and might even have some cache issues like this.

To combat this we suggest you set IIS to recycle once a day, but have IIS automatically re-load the site like the first user has click on it. This then makes sure everything is cached for the first use of the page.

I'm writing a KB article on it right now. As soon as it is published I'll let you know.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello @Brett_Moffett ,

I have to apologize, because I forgot to set this to solved.

The problem has been gone with version 11.4 I guess.

We have configured IIS like it is recommended here: https://cireson.com/cireson-portal-performance-tuning/

Additionally we configured the website preload and it works fine :)

Thanks for the answer though. ;)