Home Analyst Portal

Resolve Incident Add-In is not working when Activity Tab is not present in Incident form

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday we deleted the Activity Tab from the incident form (custom).

From that time on the "Resolve Incident" task has not been working anymore. ´Changing it ro Resolved when the Add-In is deactivated works fine though.

After some testing today, we added the activity tab to the custom form again, and voilà, it works again. Is this a known issue? Has anyone else experienced that?

Best Answer

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

I just installed the "Resolve Incident" (v1.2.0) add-in to my lab to test and it worked both with and without the Activities tab.

I'm running v 11.5.0 of the portal in my lab, so it might be a version issue.

What version of the portal are you running?

What version of the Add-In are you running?

What version of the Platform are you running?

The next step in looking in to why this isn't working is to bring up the Dev Tools within your browser and select the console tab. When you click the Resolve Incident task, does the Dev Tools console throw an error or any specific information about what it going on? Usually add-ins and custom code will throw an error that it can't find a given field etc.

Hope this helps.

Brett

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

I just installed the "Resolve Incident" (v1.2.0) add-in to my lab to test and it worked both with and without the Activities tab.

I'm running v 11.5.0 of the portal in my lab, so it might be a version issue.

What version of the portal are you running?

What version of the Add-In are you running?

What version of the Platform are you running?

The next step in looking in to why this isn't working is to bring up the Dev Tools within your browser and select the console tab. When you click the Resolve Incident task, does the Dev Tools console throw an error or any specific information about what it going on? Usually add-ins and custom code will throw an error that it can't find a given field etc.

Hope this helps.

Brett

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Brett_Moffett ,

I have version 1.1.2 of the Add In. I cannot download version 1.2 as the link leads to an error page with the following error message:

{"$id":"1","innerException":null,"message":"Can't find the package 'Resolve IR Task' in feed 'PortalAddins'.","typeName":"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.NuGet.WebApi.Exceptions.PackageNotFoundException, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.NuGet.WebApi","typeKey":"PackageNotFoundException","errorCode":0,"eventId":3000}

When it is possible to download it again, I will try it with the new version. Thanks for the input! :)

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Installed version 1.2 and the problem is gone :)