Home My Active Work Items

Manual Activity removed automatically from the Parent request

Manas_GautamManas_Gautam Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Our end user has reported few cases where the Manual Activities have been removed automatically from their parent requests.

The end user can view this Activity in their "My Request" tab, but can't open it to make any change in that.

We (as an analyst) are also not able to find that Manual activity in the Service Manager Console application.

What I think is that, this Manual Activity has been removed (somehow) from the Service Manager Database and still present in Service Management Database.

So, we need to know,

1. What could have caused this? (The End user mentions that they created it manually as they create any other activities in any other request. The Parent request is still accessible, but with no Activity)
  2. This manual activity is still visible to end user in their My Work tab. And they need it to be removed. How could this be achieved now?

Thanks,

Manas

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Manas_Gautam

Is the user that is doing this work an End User or an Analyst? In addition, are they an admin of SCSM or the Cireson Portal?

Is the user adding the Manual Activity from within the SCSM console, or the Cireson Portal?

If they are adding the Manual Activity via the portal, what version of the portal are you currently running?

Finally, is it only the one user that is seeing this issue? Is it happening on a regularity for the one user or does it seem to be happening randomly? (in short, can you preproduce the steps that cause it to occur?)

I think you assumption is correct that the Manual Activity has been removed (somehow) from the Service Manager Database and still present in Service Management Database. I'm not 100% sure on the way that new items are created via the portal so It might be writing the value to the ServiceManagement DB first but then unable to execute the command to the ServiceManager DB causing a mismatch and then there is no "Clean Up" process that verifies the CacheBuilder process to the ServiceManagement DB.

If you can answer those few questions, I can then have a chat with our CacheBuilder Dev expert to see if there could be a conditional that could cause this issue.