Home Analyst Portal

Notify Analyst not working 100% of the time for sending e-mails.

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Analyst Portal

We have an ongoing issue where our environment is not sending e-mails to analysts when tickets are assigned to them 100% of the time. Believe we are using the "Notify Analyst" addon/plugin/module.

We have worked with Cireson to adjust the 'configuration' of this to improve it but as our work load and volume continue to go up we are having to manually adjust this configuration to get a 'best' case scenario but haven't been able to get 100%.

It's also completely intermittent as I understand it to be controlled by how 'often' the process runs, and how 'many' relationships the process is allowed to process. If there are more relationships than allowed, those analysts are not notified because an e-mail is never generated.

My understanding.

Would think that this is something that can be improved upon to 'always' work. Maybe with some kind of watermark entry to let the process know where it last left off. If it takes a few cycles to process through everything and e-mails are delayed by a few minutes would be better than it not working at all.

Thoughts?

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason_Meyer

Just going back over questions that were asked but never answered.... Did you end up resolving this issue?

If I was to have a guess as to the cause of this I would think it is either an error in the version you were running, or resources on the workflow or SQL server causing a delay or other error to occur.

Keen to know if this was ever resolved for you.

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

It is better now than it was back in 2021.

I do think there was a bug or something in a version somewhere that has since been patched and it is 'better'.

That said, our system admins report that it still occurs on a rare occurrence. Difficult to track down the specifics when it fails 1 out of 1000 times.

Sorry I can't give you more than that.