Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Drawer Tasks - Comments, Parent Incidents, and more Bulk Tasks

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Community Uploads
Having the following Tasks on grid views would be rather helpful right?

This has been tested with portal 9.x, Chrome, and supports the My Work, Team Work, and All Work views. But before you deploy this into production, it's important to appropriately set expectations with this customization as in its current form behaves rather differently than the stock tasks. As such, it should be viewed in a "in development" capacity.

• Unlike the stock Cireson tasks, these don't dynamically enable/disable based on what you've selected. As a result, more Javascript exists to handle the various Work Items you could potentially select. Which means whichever task you pick will only take place on what's actually possible. (i.e. you can select 12 Changes and 3 Incidents, but Relating to a Parent only occurs on those 3 Incidents. But it still churns through 15 items).
  • Linking Incidents to a Parent Incident will do so without question. Pick the Parent from the UI picker that appears, hit OK, and it will loop through the commit. This means Incidents included your selection that are related to another Parent will get updated without any warning.
  • Unlinking Incidents from a Parent will do so without question. Make your selection, hit unlink, and it will loop through the selection to make those Incidents isolated once more.
  • There is currently zero restriction on selected items in a grid. This is different than the max 10 on portal grid views. As such, you have the chance of introducing a performance hit to SCSM.
  • Setting a bulk Comment supports a selection of Incidents, Service Requests, Change Requests, and Problems. This introduces a new possibility wherein leaving a Public Comment means Action Log notify on the core SCSM side of things would kick in and send out an email to the Affected Users of those respective Work Items.

That said, there is clearly room for improvement with items like:
  • Some of the aforementioned items above
  • A Status popup so you know where you are in the commit loop and to prevent navigation
  • Select many Work items of any class and Create a Change Request, Problem, or Service Request with support for a custom "http://portal.tld/New" page so the Work Item doesn't get committed from the outset
  • Mass Approve/Reject Review Activities
  • Mass Complete/Fail/Skip Manual Activities
  • Better leveraging of functions

Thanks for @Justin_Workman and @seth_coussens for entertaining some passerby questions about the Commit API. But a huge one goes out to @German_Islas as he's entirely built out the mass comment functionality. These tasks are available on GitHub for download and collaboration.

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Need the ability to Relate to a Problem? Why stop there? How a single task about relate your grid selection to any Incident, Service Request, Change, or Problem. Latest commit now on GitHub.

A single change was made to accommodate this
    • Link to Parent + Relate to Work Item tasks now leverage the same backend HTML grid page to make management easier. As such, the linkToParent.html file is now irrelevant.
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Interesting :)

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_Dzyacky Would love to see this as a supported feature addition

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Doesn't appear to work in 11.3.0. I select several IR then click the Link to Parent button but nothing happens after that. I have users looking for the ability to mass close IRs so ++++++ on making this a supported feature.

• Christopher_McKChristopher_McK Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is there an update or plan for these to work with v11.6.2? So far I cannot get the Relate to WI to work in the new version.

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear Adam,

This doesn't work in version 12, are you able to help? I think there is a issue with the code?

This would be really good to get this working and we would like this functionality.

If you could help I would really appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Daniel