Home Analyst Portal
Options

Hardware Asset ModelEnum / Model Property

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding the Model Property / Model Enumeration, which gets synced via the Asset Management workflow.

Right now we use the Model and Manufacturer as text field - We need that as we need the Model property in a request offering as criteria, where we cannot use the full catalogue item model enum list.

In another offering, we would like to use the full enumeration list as take the criteria "CatalogueListEnum from enum list" equals ModelEnum from Hardware Asset.

Right now the modelenum and modelenumid fields are empty - as far as I've understood from that KB article https://kb.cireson.com/article/how-to-model-and-manufacturer-enum-in-the-portal/2436 it is possible to switch to the enumerations in case of Manufacturer, model etc. - as Cachebuilder and IIS have to be restarted I guess that this settings "tells" the cachebuilder and platform cache to bring in the modelenum and modelenumid from the servicemanager db, what it wouldn't do when used as a text field.

So my question here is: If I switch to the Enumeration List like described in the KB article, will the Model text field still be updated or filled initially when the cachebuilder/platform cache brings the CI to the database? Or will this be NULL when initially filled and won't update if we change the catalogue item model name in the enum list?

Best Answer

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are actually 2 properties (or 4 2x for Model and 2x for Manufacturer). One is a string (eg Model) and the other is a list (eg ModelEnum). Changing the setting just exposes one or the other in the forms.

Answers

• Options
    edited September 2022

We tested it and in the history we see, that only the Enumeration got updated.

But via Powershell I checked the property and it got updated, so everything is fine :)

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are actually 2 properties (or 4 2x for Model and 2x for Manufacturer). One is a string (eg Model) and the other is a list (eg ModelEnum). Changing the setting just exposes one or the other in the forms.

• Options

@Justin_Workman Yes I know, my question was, if the Asset Management Workflow automatically updates both (String and Enum) or just one, based on the setting - as not enabling the enum in the asset management settings left all ModelEnum and ModelENumID Properties in our Database with NULL values.