Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Transforming the Grid Picker

12345679»

Comments

• KimMel_BriscoeKimMel_Briscoe Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo

Here are the errors that are displayed:

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Okay, I think I see the issue. You need to have a bit of understanding of how customization of the portal works, to be able to implement the stuff you find on these forums. I suggest reading KA43 as well as the articles linked at the bottom of that, to get started to try and understand of these custom files should be used.

Crash course

The portal automatically loads 2 files, to which we can insert our own code: custom.js and custom.css

• New functionality is coded JavaScript and is placed in custom.js (js = javascript).
    • Styles (how things look; colors, fonts, sizes) are coded in CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and are placed in custom.css.

You cannot mix-match the content of those files, as they are completely different.

To make things easier to maintain, this forum likes to provide custom_****.js files, which are then loaded from the auto-loaded custom.js file. This is done by inserting the code you can find the custom.js in the ROToolbox GitHub, and the using the loadScript("/CustomSpace/custom_****.js"); line to actually include the additional custom file. This way, distributing and maintaining custom functionality is a easier.

But to address the issue at hand; it looks like you have you custom stylesheet in your custom javascript file - ie, what should be in custom.css is wrongly placed in custom.js, which is causing issues. Start by taking a backup of both files, in case we screw something up.

Now, I'm not sure what the custom stylesheet you have is for, and whether you need them, but to use them, you need to copy-paste if all from custom.js to custom.css (and remove everything from custom.js).

Secondly, you need to download both custom.js and custom_ROToolbox.js from https://github.com/doyle-johnpaul/ROToolbox - and you need to copy the content of the custom.css and paste it in your own custom.css, without overwriting any of the existing stuff from your own file.

This should ensure, that you have no errors in your custom.js and that you are loading the custom ROToolbox file. Then try to open the RO again, with the console open, and paste the content here. And please select the Console-tab on the top of the DevTools window, and do not filter / search for anything, as it could exclude useful info.

Let me give it a try!

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo

I saved a copy of the custom.css and custom.js files. Added copied the ROToolbox .css and .js files to the custom files. Here are the errors:

Lets start by making sure, that your browser's cache is cleared. Otherwise it may still be using the old files. Navigate to the RO and press CTRL+F5 to force a cache-refresh.Is it still the same errors in devtools?

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo

I cleared the cache and still getting errors

Could you please upload both your custom.js and custom.css files?

Here are the 2 files. Thank you!

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I really love the features RO_Toolbox. Said that, I still have an issue with the @MultiSelect.

If you select the input field and type in text, (in my case) users got found = everything is fine.

BUT: If I click into any other field or simply something (even background) out of the input field and I click in again to add another user, the @MultiSelect is simply not loading anymore.

A minute later or so the entry got loaded, but its the same adding another user.

Tested this on Chrome and IE and all latest released Versions of the RO_Toolbox on GIT.

Do you have any suggestions?

Does anybody else have the same issues?

BR, Peter

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Hi guys,

I've a Chrome, log info. It's just about the "load" action but maybe its helpfull.

I've found it 😁

Looks like that the Grid is fully loaded if you reselect the textfield = input of the @MultiSelect.

= because I've changed the value of GridviewRecordCap, this was quite a long loading time.

BR, Peter

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I was trying to use @layout and some "col-md-2" to get 6 columns but that didn't work out too well. It didn't stretch across the grid as expected (the last two fields stacked in the 4th column)

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

FYI, this is a set of checkboxes and I'm working on conserving real estate.