Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

How do I change the Resolver/Closer in pre Closed Incident templates?

Hi,

I created a number of 'Hot Topic' templates for our call desk that are auto resolved then closed upon creation.

However, I am logged in the history as the resolver and closer of these calls. We had a similar set up in 1801 which worked and picked up the created by user as the resolver. Probably more a question for Service Manager but if anyone has any solutions I'd be very grateful.

SCSM 1801 template:

SCSM2019 template:

Best Answer

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sandra_Geoghegan - I think you will have to export the management pack your template is in and remove the references to Resolved By user (and in my case I went ahead and removed the action log entry since it cited the default user) and then re-import the MP. Here's a screenshot for your reference:

The highlighted portion can be removed.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sandra_Geoghegan - I think you will have to export the management pack your template is in and remove the references to Resolved By user (and in my case I went ahead and removed the action log entry since it cited the default user) and then re-import the MP. Here's a screenshot for your reference:

The highlighted portion can be removed.

• Options
    Sandra_GeogheganSandra_Geoghegan Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Justin,

Brilliant, thank you, that's certainly pointed us in the right direction and we've been able to remove the Resolved By and Closed By references.

Thanks a mill,

Sandra