Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Active Work Items badges on menu items

124»

Comments

• Andrew_ReiterAndrew_Reiter Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Brett_Moffett, I updated to your 1.3.1 version and I still can't seem to get the activities to display for Team Work. Here is what I have for that section in the .js. I only updated "showActivities=true".

var badgeObject_TeamWork = {
                navTitleSetting: "Badge Title - Team Work",
                defaultTitle: "Team Work",
                settingKey: "Badge Enabled - Team Work",
                bl_BadgeEnabled: null,
                apiString: "/api/V3/WorkItem/GetGridWorkItemsMyGroups?userId=" + session.user.Id + "&isScoped=false&showActivities=true&showInactiveItems=false",
                blnShowUnassignedItems: true,
                blnShowStaleItems: true
            };

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I just made the change in my lab and it seems to work fine.

Make sure you have cleared your cache etc. to make sure the browser is loading the latest version of the code.

v 1.4.1 of the solution is now available and provides the ability to turn on or off activities for each of the views.

I also fixed a few of the SQl queries that some of the wonderful memebers of the community pointed out. Should run even faster now.

It appears we had an issue with the group mapping configuration for manual activities that was causing the problem. It was set but I had to basically pull the config and re-do it for the mapping to start working. I still don't seem to have the activities being counted in all cases, but I'm still working through some cache builder issues so I'll let you know if I don't get it sorted.

@Brett_Moffett, I have our cache issues fixed. I wanted to provide a few feedback items. I am using 1.4.1.

• I think it would be helpful to have the Logging option as a setting item as well instead of in the code
    • If I set "Badge My Work - Include Activities" to TRUE, it doesn't show any badge items for My Work. If I set it to FALSE, it shows a badge count and includes activities.
    • Activites are not getting counted under Team Work even with Team Work - Include Activities set to TRUE, either total count or unassigned.

Here are some related screenshots. We do not have any custom NAV naming for Team Work, My Work, etc.

Thanks @Andrew_Reiter

I think it would be helpful to have the Logging option as a setting item as well instead of in the code

I had thought about this but wasn't sure it would be used enough to justify putting it in as a setting. THe fact that you have mentioned it menas that it should be added. I'll add that to the next version.

If I set "Badge My Work - Include Activities" to TRUE, it doesn't show any badge items for My Work. If I set it to FALSE, it shows a badge count and includes activities.

Activites are not getting counted under Team Work even with Team Work - Include Activities set to TRUE, either total count or unassigned.

Have you updated the SQL queries to include the new Show Activities parameter?

You should be able to test what is returned by creating a SQL Tabel Widget dashboard and using the SQL query that is in the system. It uses Parameters to pass the TRUE\FALSE option for activities, so you just need to enter that in the parameter value and you should see what gets returned.

I'm keen to know what the difference in our environments is and what's working\not working in your environment.

In other news, I am working on v2.0 of the solution that will not need the SQL side of things but rather uses the Platform and that holds the results of the search's used by all users so it does not have to re-query the database for each user. THis shold greatly reduce the impact on the DB.... Stay tuned.

Yes, I have run the SQL queries. I ran the My Work and Team Work queries again now with new GUIDs, just in case. I don't see where you have activities parameter/config in either of those 2 queries, though. Maybe I'm missing something.

@Andrew_Reiter I apologise.

v1.4.1 release did not have the new queries.

I have release 1.4.2 that has the new queries.

@Brett_Moffett, I updated the SQL queries that you have updated in 1.4.2. That fixed Team Work showing activites for me, thank you. I can't seem to get My work to show anything now, no matter what I set for the setting items.

• Jacky_GrossJacky_Gross Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Brett,

You say in your previous message "In other news, I am working on v2.0 of the solution that will not need the SQL side of things but rather uses the Platform and that holds the results of the search's used by all users so it does not have to re-query the database for each user. THis shold greatly reduce the impact on the DB.... Stay tuned."

Do you have a release date for this new version?

No release date yet.

The platform piece has been written and is just needing to be tested and have the JS code written (or modified) to use it.

I was hoping to have time to do it this month but other workload has taken up my time.

Hopefully I can get to it in the next few weeks, but worst case it will be in the new year.

• Micka_WilliamsMicka_Williams Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to apply this feature to the favicon? Display a red dot and having the number of unassigned work items next to the document.title when there are unassigned work items. I will upload an example.

• Davide_GattiDavide_Gatti Partner IT Monkey ✭

@Brett_Moffett, i implemented your solution but it's not working for "My Work" Tab.

I tried to re-run SQL query but doesnt change.

Also the parameter "badge - days before stale" seems to be ignored. i tried to set 0 but in my request was continuos show red badge, so i disabled it.

this is my configuration

and this is result

Thanks in advance for your help.

Davide

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Brett_Moffett - Happy New Year. How goes the work on this one? Looks like it could be really useful.

Hi all,

Just an update.

The Platform module has been created and now I'm just working on the JS.

As this is a side project it is usually the first thing to get sacrificed when work gets busy, so it could still be a while before I get to a releasable version.

Sorry for the delay.

Hi @Brett_Moffett - How are you ? How goes the work on this one?

• Charles_BurtonCharles_Burton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Posted the same request for favicon indicators of some type. I think this could be moved to a feature request.

edited October 2023

Hi Brett,

This week we decided to implement this solution.

I have a question regarding the count of items

In this picture, we can see the number (in blue) : 3 but we have much more.

Did they count only Active items ? (It's my conclusion)

Only the Incidents that are in "pending" mode are not countable

If not, how to correct that ?

Secondly, I have another question regarding the "My Works" section.

In my example, I don't have any count even if (we can see) I have 2 items

Thank you for your response.

edited October 2023