Home General Discussion

Malfunction in "Hide Approval Buttons" Add-In

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in General Discussion

We use the "Hide Approval Buttons" add in in our environment.

We have the follwing settings in SR:

When we have this setting, analysts do not have the possibility to approve an RA, when the reviewer is a group where this analyst(who wants to approve) is a member of. The Reject All and Approve All Buttons are hidden, as we want it to be, but when they select the group in the RA, the "Approve" button is still disabled. When we set the "SROnlyAllowApproversToApprove" to false they cann approve, but I guess everyone could then.

The same behaviour shows in Change requests.

Is this an error in our add in settings or is the add in bugged?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

The code allows for this scenario but the approval group members need to have been enumerated by the portal. The Portal only does this for groups it 'thinks' it needs to eg for a key role (eg Analysts Group) or for a NavNode or Announcement assignment. You will have to 'trick' the portal into enumerating all your approval groups by making a dummy Announcement (with the end date in the past) and assign to that group(s).

Let me know if you need help.

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

The code allows for this scenario but the approval group members need to have been enumerated by the portal. The Portal only does this for groups it 'thinks' it needs to eg for a key role (eg Analysts Group) or for a NavNode or Announcement assignment. You will have to 'trick' the portal into enumerating all your approval groups by making a dummy Announcement (with the end date in the past) and assign to that group(s).

Let me know if you need help.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello @Geoff_Ross ,

thank you so much. Seems legit, stupid me for not thinking about that.

As we have views for 99 % of our IT groups (which are reviewers as well), this won't be a problem.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

@Geoff_Ross Although we have one of these groups inside the permissions for a nav node, users are not able to approve, when they click on the group name inside the RA.

Also the SRReviewersOverrideADGroup does not work when the approver in side the RA is a group and not a user, although the group is used for a navnode permission as well. Is this a bug?