Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Global Operators Group

Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
If I want to reassign a ticket in the Cireson Portal I can only choose single persons, those I inserted in the Global Operators Group. The Analyst Groups (also inserted) are not shown in the Portal.

Best Answer

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hello Margarete

By default the "Assigned to" Field is filted by Analysts, so users from your analysts AD group should appear in the picker.

Is this not happening?

Regards
    Joe
  • Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hello Joe,

the users appear but not the groups.

Regards

Margret

Hi Margarete

As the picker is scoped by analysts it will only show members of your AD analysts group, you would need to nest the group objects in your AD Analyst groups to have them appear as an option on the picker.

OR

You could create a custom form and set the filterbyanalyst to false so all objects appear:

See example here for how to create custom forms.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Joe

IR.png 84.8K

Hello Joe,

thank you very much for your answer. I think I have to give some more Information. In the scsm console I get alle users and groups who are in my scsm group  GLOBAL OPERATORS GROUP. That is what I want for the portal. Do you know why it is working within scsm but not within the cireson Portal.We want to avoid that tickets are assigned to endusers. As far as I know it is not possible to nest the assign groups in the AD analyst Group because they are mailing lists.

If we set filterbyanalyst to false we get too much users appearing in the picker.

Best Regards

Margret

We nested the affected groups to the analyst AD group. The groups must be global otherwise you are not able to nest them. Everything works fine now. There is no need to change this behaviour.

Thank your very much :)   

We nested the affected groups to the analyst AD group. The groups must be global otherwise you are not able to nest them. Everything works fine now. There is no need to change this behaviour.

Thank your very much :)   

No worries glad you got this working :)
This discussion has been closed.