Home General Discussion

Cireson Portal Upgrade Error

CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear All,

When doing an upgrade from 11.1 to 11.3 it errors with the following:

Failed to create analytics database logins CiresonAnalytics on ***** : User or role '****' does not exist in this database.

Failed to create analytics database logins CiresonAnalytics on **** : User or role '****' does not exist in this database.

Failed to Create CiresonAnalytics Jobs CiresonAnalytics on **** : The specified @name ('Cireson Delete Aged Work Items') already exists.

Failed to Create CiresonAnalytics Jobs CiresonAnalytics on **** : The specified @name ('Cireson Delete Aged Work Items') already exists.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Best Answer

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I raised a ticket with them and they said its not a problem, even though the error still appears. Thank you for the advice though.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CaterhamITSupport

Apologies for the very late reply here.

The installer uses information from SCSM to apply some information to SQL around security. Specifically, the user details for the accounts that are used during the install.

If these accounts are not synced in to SCSM as AD User configuration items this error will show up.

As for the failure to create the SQL jobs, this looks like there is no clean up check in the 11.3 install script.

I believe the SQL job check has been fixed in future versions of the installer.

edited February 2023

I have done a few upgrades since originally reported and it still happens in future releases.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, This sounds like there might be something more going on than I first thought.

Raise a support ticket with Cireson support and jump on a call to walk through the error and see if they can find the issue.

Brett

Answer ✓

I raised a ticket with them and they said its not a problem, even though the error still appears. Thank you for the advice though.