Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a way to flag VIP tickets in the Analyst Portal?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have done some customization where we defined a list of VIP staff by Active Directory group and then report out of SSRS on that.

We have also added a custom field under the Affected User field where we display the Job Title of only our VIP staff in bold RED letters so that anyone working these tickets is aware of who they are working on.

Our analysts have anywhere from 0-100 tickets in their queue and do work by Priority, but I'm wondering if there is any way to flag these VIP tickets in the MY WORK or TEAM WORK views?

Some ideas that our analysts had were Changing the font on only these tickets to a different color (RED) or making them BOLD.

We had an event where the Assigned To support staff were out of office, the VIP was asking in the ticket if anyone could work with them that day and it was missed and caused an issue for our organization so trying to come up with a good way to flag these 1 in every 500 tickets that can cause us concerns.

Thoughts on this?

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Jason_Meyer

Plenty of ways to achieve your goal and I'm sure someone on here will have come custom code. However, if you are looking to get the problem solved quickly and robustly, we do have this offering in our services catalog. Message me if you are interested.

Geoff

• Options
    Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

We do a similar thing, but have the VIP Icon next to the Workitem Icon, since we do not mark the user as a VIP but mark the request as a VIP request when the affected user is a VIP, this helps more with reporting as when users are no longer VIP's the jobs are still marked as that for later reporting, as well as old jobs from users that become VIP's are left as non VIP jobs but new jobs get marked as VIP.

Since we do it this way instead of the way other do our code wouldn't be helpful for adding the VIP icon to the grid view

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@Jason_Meyer We solve it the same way like you, by adding users to a certain AD group and with a sync once per day, we set a flag inside the scsm user object (which we added via authoring tool).

We have a workflow running, also created via authoring tool, which looks inside every newly created incident, and if the affected users has the flag VIP set, sets the urgency to VIP (we created the urgency VIP as a new list item in the urgency enumeration and inside the incident options we set the priority to 1, whenever the urgency is VIP, no matter what impact is selected). We also update the title /display string and append " - ATTENTION - VIP TICKET!!" to it. I also tried creating a workflow, which looks for affected user changes, nd if the new user is a VIP, does the same as described before, but I was not able to create that :( Maybe @Geoff_Ross has a solution for that ;)

We also use color codes for priorities. So the displayname + red signals that this is a VIP ticket. So it is visible for our dispatchers very easily.

Inside the ticket, we have a flashing text "ATTENTION, VIP USER!!" running via custom.js - so also inside the ticket it is visible at first sight.