Home Analyst Portal

Incident in search result cannot be retrieved

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi,

I have a bunch of incidents that appear in a search result list, but when I click on the item to open it, I get an error "The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it."

It looks like it depends on the creation date of the item (items older than 3 months), but I'm not sure of this.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Stephane_Bouillon - It sounds like the work items might have been groomed out of SCSM already?  Therefore they actually don't exist but are still present in the portal.  You might need to flush them from your ServiceManagement database.
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/

I would doublecheck your Data Retention Settings in the SCSM console.  
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It was set to 90 days for incidents. I'm surprised that the incident data is still available in the portal in that case. How long is the data kept there ? Also, if I change the settings in the console, do I need to restart the server for these to take effect ?
  • VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭

I am getting the same "The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it." error, for old and new SRs. I have truncated LastModified and WorkItem in DB but still getting the error.

I can find the SRs in ServiceManagement DB but it can't display them in the portal...

Any other ideas?

Thanks