Home Analytics

Does Archiver not respect scopes / queues?

Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Recently updated to 11.6.3, and we were excited for the new Archiver feature, which may signal the death of our DW.

But - does the Archiver not respect which WIs a given user is scoped to? Even on an active IR, the portal just opens the archived version instead of denying access - is this right, or have I messed to much with the code in the forbidden place? 🫣

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Being a bit cheeky and tagging @Adam_Dzyacky 🤭

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries 😁

The Archiver does respect Work Item scopes and it does so at the time of grooming. So if let's say three groups had access to that work item. Once it's groomed, those three groups would still have access.

But what you're describing about seeing an Active IR in an Archived state, could be a couple of different things that I've seen. Again, not saying this is definitively the answer, but just what I've seen in passing:

1. Someone is testing the Archive out. They create a work item, wait a couple minutes for the Archive to catch it, and then delete it in its current state of Active.
    2. The person looking at the work item is an SCSM Admin, which by definition, is an unscoped role that has access to all work items regardless of their queue.

We've had a couple of bug fixes around the Archiver, but none that sound like what you're describing. If neither of the above items resonate, I'd encourage you to open a support case.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@Adam_Dzyacky we have a similar situation, where some End Users are not able to edit their Incidents, where they are the affected users.

They may open them but they are shown as archived. Right now I've only seen it with Resolved Status, but it might be the same with other status as well.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I wanted to just reactivate this, as we also have the situation that @Konstantin_Slavin-Bo describes.

We have an incident queue for an external department and a security group, which defines this external department to only have access to tickets inside this queue. A certain incident has fallen out of the queue as it was assigned back to our IT. Now the analysts from this external department are still able to access the incident, but they see it as archived.

I see in the history, that the ticket has been removed from the queue 2 weeks ago. Might there be a bug when an incident is added/removed/added back to a queue? Because sometimes it works and users do not have access o the workitem, but sometimes they have and it is just shown as archived.