Home General Discussion

How to populate data from PRIMARY USER, CUSTODIAN, LOCATION in a table

Eman_SailaEman_Saila Customer IT Monkey ✭

Dear Cireson Community,

I apologize I didn't put this question in Asset Management, but into General Discussion. The example below is using Asset Management properties as example, but the core question I am asking is generic to many properties in many other classes.

1) I want to search for user in Cireson Web Portal and *quickly* see list of all assets he has on him/her

a) list of assets should have all important properties in *single view* without the need to open up individual items or switch tabs

i.) such list should show these columns:

ASSET TYPE

ASSET DISPLAY NAME

ASSET STATUS

MANUFACTURER

MODEL

SERIAL NUMBER

** CUSTODIAN (DISPLAY NAME)

** PRIMARY USER (DISPLAY NAME)

LAST MODIFIED

I managed to edit such list in "RelatedUserInfo.js" (...\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates\RelatedUserInfo.js)

It works pretty well, however Iam having trouble pulling values from assets in 3 columns marked with **

** CUSTODIAN (DISPLAY NAME)

** PRIMARY USER (DISPLAY NAME)

Apparently, the values in these unique properties are pulled via different method than values from static lists like "Manufacturer" or "Asset Type"

I tested all kinds of property names and syntax, but none of it populates those 3 columns in the generated list...

I am out of ideas...

Can you please teach me correct examples of code to use, to populate these 3 specific columns

In the below example I filled in placeholder code XpropertyX that obviously doesn't work:

CODE PART:

/*********/

/** TAB **/

/*********/

{

name: "Assets",

content: [

{

customFieldGroupList: [

{

name: "Assets - Primary User",

rows: [

{

columnFieldList: [

{ name: "", type: "multipleObjectPicker", PropertyName: "Source_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser", ClassId: "C0C58E7F-7865-55CC-4600-753305B9BE64",PropertyToDisplay: {"HardwareAssetType.Name":"Asset Type",DisplayName:"DisplayName","HardwareAssetStatus.Name":"HardwareAssetStatus",Manufacturer:"Manufacturer",Model:"Model",SerialNumber:"SerialNumber",XPrimaryUserX:"PrimaryUser",XCustodianX:"Custodian",XLocationX:"Location",LastModified:"LastModified"}, Disabled: false,ShowAddButton: false, ShowRemoveButton: false, SelectableRow: true, SelectProperty: "DisplayName" }

}

]

},

HOW IT RENDERS ON THE WEB PORTAL:

Answers

• Eman_SailaEman_Saila Customer IT Monkey ✭

Here is the same code snippet formated

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Afaik the following Properties should work:

OwnedBy.DisplayName:"Custodian"

Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser.DisplayName:"PrimaryUser"

Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation.DisplayName:"Location"

EDIT: Tried it myself and it doesn't work :(

Thanks Simon.

Unfortunately these do not work.

Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser.DisplayName:"PrimaryUser"

OwnedBy.DisplayName:"Custodian"

Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation.DisplayName:"Location"

>> above syntax with adding .DisplayName blocks loading of the page - its stuck on webpage refresh

"Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser.DisplayName":"PrimaryUser"

"OwnedBy.DisplayName":"Custodian"

"Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation.DisplayName":"Location"

>> I tried adding "" around the properties as I have seen in other templates 

>> with "" added, above syntax successfully loads the page 

>> unfortunatelly like in the original screenshot, columns are empty (no values are displayed for PrimaryUser, Custodian, Location)

Also tested couple other variations:

Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser.FirstName:"PrimaryUser" - page doesn't load

"Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser.FirstName":"PrimaryUser" - page loads but column is empty

edited March 2023

Hello @Eman_Saila yeah shortly after I answered your post I tried it myself and I saw it does not work that way.

Found this one in the KB:

I guess this would affect performance too much.

Hi Simon,

Iam not sure I understand what that KB article means in my scenario.

I guess you were referring to the part saying "Note that this is for properties of the object being related, and not properties of objects related to that object."

So I guess the object that Iam using in my scenario is:

"Source_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser", ClassId: "C0C58E7F-7865-55CC-4600-753305B9BE64"

The question is if "Display Name" of "OwnedBy" is a

a) "property of the object related"

b) "property of object related to that object"

I see what you are pointing at... It would be nice if someone could confirm this limitation... Or even better is someone had a way around it :D

Weird is that in some other templates (for example "HardwareAsset.js") the code is calling directly a property "Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser" and "OwnedBy" (same as my example) but the web page renders actual USER NAME in the fields

So in some cases the portal is able to pull a value just by calling "PropertyDisplayName: "PrimaryUser", PropertyName: "Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser" while in my case the value is not displayed

Example here from (...\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates\HardwareAsset.js)

All below lines from "HardwareAsset.js" successfully pull the actual USER NAME and LOCATION

{

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "PrimaryUser", PropertyName: "Target_HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser", Disabled: false },

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "Owner (Custodian)", PropertyName: "OwnedBy", Disabled: false }                     

],

}

{

{

{ DataType: "ObjectPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "Location", PropertyName: "Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation", ClassId: "B1AE24B1-F520-4960-55A2-62029B1EA3F0", Disabled: false },

{ DataType: "String", PropertyDisplayName: "LocationDetails", PropertyName: "LocationDetails", Required: false, }

],

}

{

edited March 2023

@Eman_Saila

What you are referencing here, inside the HardwareAsset.js, are properties/relations from the object itself, so e.g. in the Hardware Asset you have:

Hardware Asset <--> Primary User

Hardware Asset <--> Location

In the Multiple Object Picker you would have:

User <--> Hardware Asset <--> Primary User

User <--> Hardware Asset <--> Location

You can even try this behaviour in the HardwareAsset.js itself:

For example you cannot show the vendor of the purchase order, which this Hardware Asset is related to. You cannot use "Property: Target_HardwareAssetHasPurchaseOrder.Target_PurchaseOrderHasVendor.Displayname" - which would include a relationship of the related object too.

This would lead to lots of data being pre-calculated before you are able to even open an Object.

This is just an assumption, maybe I am wrong, but it would make sense.