Home Service Manager
Options

Is it safe to delete old Exchange Connectors

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,

I know that config items brought in by e.g. an AD Connector are deleted when the corresponding Connector gets deleted.

How is the behaviour with Exchange Connectors? I have not found anything on the web and imo it would just make no sense if work item would get deleted too.

Can anyone confirm this?

Best Answer

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

How is the behaviour with Exchange Connectors? I have not found anything on the web and imo it would just make no sense if work item would get deleted too.

Having created/deleted a fair amount of Exchange Connectors myself, I have never observed anything bad/unsafe about doing this. But I will say regardless of connector type, I typically disable them, wait for some period of time, and then eventually delete them. They might be a visual annoyance, but if they are disabled then the SCSM workflow engine isn't doing anything with them.

The only thing you'll want to do is keep the stock Exchange Connector management pack imported as it brings things like Type Projections you might be using and Action Log on Change Requests with it.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Having created/deleted a fair amount of Exchange Connectors myself, I have never observed anything bad/unsafe about doing this. But I will say regardless of connector type, I typically disable them, wait for some period of time, and then eventually delete them. They might be a visual annoyance, but if they are disabled then the SCSM workflow engine isn't doing anything with them.

The only thing you'll want to do is keep the stock Exchange Connector management pack imported as it brings things like Type Projections you might be using and Action Log on Change Requests with it.