Home Analyst Portal
Options

Service Catalog Access to new Domain Users

Steve_BarnardSteve_Barnard Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Working with a customer who has acquired a new domain. Two-way trust relationship between domains. Created a new connector to bring users into Service Manager. All good. Created another AD connector to bring in 'Domain Users' from new domain. All good.

Created new Group and added to user role with Service and Request Offerings that should be scoped to these users (they are based in Germany so should only see German based offerings). Added the <NewDomain>\Domain Users group to the user role. Restarted the CacheBuilder but these users cannot see any offerings.

Querying the ServiceManagement Db, the users appear, the new Domain Users group appears but the users are not associated with any Offerings.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Steve

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Hi Matthew, we enabled logging on the Cachebuilder log file set to 'INFO' but the log file never expanded. I added an individual user to the user role which worked - they could see the offerings. Add them to a group and they don't appear. I think I'll open a ticket with Cireson! Thanks for your insight.
  • Options

Hi Joe,

The customer created a Global group in the second domain and nested this to a Domain Local group in Domain 1. This was added to the role in SCSM. They skipped the UG. Users still cannot access request offerings. Is the UG needed? Also, we imported the DL group to the CMDB. Do we also need to add the nested groups?

Cheers

Steve 

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hi Steve

The customer created a Global group in the second domain and nested this to a Domain Local group in Domain 1. This was added to the role in SCSM. They skipped the UG. Users still cannot access request offerings. Is the UG needed?
    See http://ss64.com/nt/syntax-groups.html you may need the UG, I havent tested without it to confirm but it notes

"- Global groups can be nested within Domain Local groups, Universal groups and within other Global groups in the same domain.
    - Universal groups can be nested within Domain Local groups and within other Universal groups in any domain."

The nested groups must also exist in the CMDB as it grabs the DN from here to do the AD lookup to return the group membership.

If you still having issues try get the cachebuilder.log file with logging set to ALL that should give us some more clues as to what is wrong.

Cheers
    Joe