Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Service offerings based on a language

I've installed the portal and noticed that all service offerings (english and our native language) are shown. Official MS portal only displays offerings which coresponds to the language you use. Is there something I didn't configure or is this something which is not supported?

Best Answer

Answers

• Stijn_CallebautStijn_Callebaut Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭

Same here.

Even tried to reload the SO's and RO's by truncating the tables and restarting the Cache builder as per KB https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/. But still the same

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Jure_Jeram and @Stijn_Callebaut, check out the following article that might help out:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1172#/#heading-6

You're likely going to want to set the ServiceCatalogLanguageCode to ! instead of the default * within the Admin Settings section of the portal.

This was something I was initially pulling my hair out on - hope this helps!

To change the configuration of the Cireson Portal to use the logged in user's language preference as a filter for the service catalog, you will need to change the ServiceCatalogLanguageCode setting to something besides '*'.  You can change this setting by logging in as a SCSM administrator.  Then, navigate to the upper right menu, select Admin Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Setting Items button, and then find the ServiceCatalogLanguageCode.  You can change this to one of three options:

OptionDescription
    *Select all service catalog content regardless of the user's preferred language and regardless of the service offering language code.
    !

Select only the service offerings (and contained request offerings) that have a language code that maps to the user's preferred language code

OR where the service offering language code is NUL

OR where the service offering language code is an empty string.

a particular language code (ex. 'EN-US')

Select only the service offerings (and contained request offerings) that have a language code that maps to the user's preferred language code

OR where the service offering language code is NULL

OR where the service offering language code is an empty string

OR where the language code matches the setting value

• Jure_JeramJure_Jeram Member IT Monkey ✭

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the explanation. I've tried as you said and inserted ! instead of * and now I do actually see only english SO-s in the english site, but if I choose my native language, I don't see any SO. Only those which don't have any language set up. Just to be sure I also tried by entering my particular language code -- sl-SI, and it worked, but only for my language.

Is there any other configuration I might have missed?

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jure_Jeram, You'll have to make sure you've created SOs specifically for each language being used - in our environment we have one for French and another for English. Once you've created the SOs in the new language you'll also need to re-attach the ROs within each new SO created so they will appear within the Service Catalog.

Hi Jonathan. Yes I am aware of this and I have specific SO for each language with specific RO's for each SO. Something else must be the problem.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks @Jonathan_Boles

@Jure_Jeram this is all that is required to make these appear as Jonathan has mentioned, can you doublecheck the language code you have set on your Service Offerings is an exact match as your language code on the portal you have configured? 

To do this can you confirm the output of the below select statements:

SELECT [LanguageCode]
      FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[ServiceOffering]

SELECT [Value]
      FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[SettingsItem]
      WHERE [key] = 'LanguageCode'

Hi Joe. I've checked my language code like you said. You can see the output below. It works for ENU, but not for SLV.

sl-SI
    en-US

SLV,ENU

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jure_Jeram

I have done some tests in my environment and can replicate a similar behavior, other langugagecode scoping works but not those using SLV with sl-sl or sl service offerings.

I suspect this is a bug we will need to hotfix, I have raise IR53586 on your behalf and sent to our Development team for investigation.

Regards
    Joe

Hi Joe. Thanks for working on this issue. Just to clarify, code is sl-SI (SL-SI) and not sl-sl.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.