Home Operations Manager

SCOM SDK for Cireson Portal

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tapped this (the SCOM SDK) to pull distributed applications and then in turn place them into the Cireson Portal?

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Adam,

It is my understanding that the "Business Services" CI within SCSM is populated by the SCOM CI Connector with the Distributed Applications that are inside SCOM.
    These can then be exposed in the Cireson Portal.

I know there are some limitations on Business Services CI's and there has been a LOT of discussion about improving this type of CI for better use in automation a business decision making, but nothing has come out of it so far.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only vaguely familiar with the limitations which is why I'm curious if anyone has gone straight to the SCOM SDK (thus avoiding SCSM entirely) and then populated that data into the Cireson Portal. I ask as this would almost entirely jump over SCOM specific vendors that do dashboarding specifically for SCOM and instead place it in what I would easily argue is a more worthwhile site/portal and no less expose this through HTML5.
    I like that as an idea....
    Now lets hope that someone in the community can show us how they have done it.
    edited July 2016
    Until then, TO VISUAL STUDIO!...to at least bumble around.
  • Stuart_DouglasStuart_Douglas Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Brett's correct, Microsoft view is that in terms of defining "services" within your infrastructure and having them populate throughout the System Center suite, you start with VMM templates, which transfer over to SCOM as Distributed Applications, which in turn transfer over to SCSM as Business Services. In talking with an SCSM PFE we had onsite for an engagement, he said nobody actually does it that way that he's seen, and that most customers just go straight to defining the Business Services directly in SCSM if they don't do so by bringing over the Distributed Applications from SCOM to become Business Services.

Should there be any reason @brett_moffett could think that would prevent the use of an <iframe> within the Cireson portal to get over to asp.net or HTML5 based pages? Just thinking forward for v6 of SCSM portal.

There is no reason you could not do that right now I guess.
    You can add a navigation page that just points to a new location.

The trick is you can't interact with it like you would want to.
    @Adam_Dzyacky
     Did you end up getting this to work?

Was loading the pages you wanted within a view of the Cireson portal a successful answer?
    v6 doesn't appear to want to render the SCOM silverlight portal inline, nothing appears at all. But i did get a really quick and dirty HTML5 page rendering a SCOM DA health. In the interim, I just settled for a new navigation page that redirects to the SCOM Portal...even though you have to be in Internet Explorer to perform that :(