Home Self-Service Portal - Community

My Work Page Modifications

Hi everyone,

I have three questions:
  1. Is there a way to show "Assigned To User" property as column when an Analysts opens My Work page?
  2. Is there a way to add more properties to show on this page?
  3. In addition to that, how can I edit the content of "My Work" page?
Thanks in advanced.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ozge, 1. if you click on the grid view title arrows, you'll see a drop down menu that will allow you to choose columns, one of which is the Affected user.

Now for the bad news #2/3, to the best of my knowledge there's no just simple way of adding columns outside of what's in the choose columns section as of yet. (But I'm still hoping for my magical wish to come true) We ended up having the awesome team at Cireson build us out a custom page to fit our needs but it was no small feat! Long story short, SCSM leaves certain things to be desired and while the portal is awesome, it has to deal with certain limitations imposed by the overall SCSM software but the guys/gals at Cireson are always figuring out different ways of doing things to make them a non-issue. 

If you're looking to have some customization done outside of little things here and there found in the community, I would highly suggest reaching out to the awesome folks at Cireson.

• Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Dear Jonathan, i was actually asking about Assigned to User not Affected User.

Actually Assigned To User is available for Admin users but not for Analysts. Is there a way to enable Assigned To User property for Analysts view?
    Hey @Ozge, in this case, it's listed in the same choose columns drop down described above. It's called assigned user. Lists for SRs/IRs/MAs etc.
    Hi Jonathan,

I attached the image for your reference. In Analyst view, this parameter is not available.

edited September 2016
    @Ozge, what about in other grid views? (Such as Team Work or Active Work) Are you using the free Cireson Community Self-service portal?
    Yes i am using free version of the portal and as i said AssignedUser is available for admin users but not for analysts
    Ok, fairly certain this is parity between the paid analyst portal and the free community self-service portal version as I see it in all of our environments but we are using the paid version of the portal. Perhaps @Joe_Burrows or one of the other awesome Cireson support folks can provide a more detailed answer.