Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Have "Show Activities" checked by default in the My Work pane

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Those coming into SCSM often miss checking this box off and as a result are not aware of their outstanding activities. Having it checked off by default (and thus in turn giving the user the ability to uncheck it) provides a more natural UI flow.
28 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This huge for us. Analysts never check the box.  +++vote for this one
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime you can use this in your custom.js file to perform the same functionality.

You can change the GUID or add other GUIDs to perform the operation on other pages as well.

$(document).ready(function (){
    	//click the show activities by default
    	if(window.location.href.indexOf("62f452d5-66b5-429b-b2b1-b32d5562092b") > -1){
    		console.log("I'm on the AllWorkItems Page!");
    		setTimeout(function (){
    			$('#showActivitiesInGrid[value=false]').prev('input[type=checkbox]').trigger('click');
    		}, 1000);
    	};
    });

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT JUST HAPPENED. Thanks Seth, this is crazy awesome.
    No problem. Thanks for visiting us here at the Cireson Community!
    @seth_coussens If I want to have it checked on multiple GUIDs (My Work, Team Work,All Work Items) can you show me how the code should look?
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Adrian, just paste several copies of the above snippet and put a different guid in each one.
    Thank You Geoff
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, the one he provided was for All Work. Just navigate to your "My Work" and "Team Work" sites to get the GUID from the URL.

We'll do. Thanks for the help. This community platform is great.

Glad you are seeing the benefit guys. Thanks for visiting and getting involved.
    Adrian, just paste several copies of the above snippet and put a different guid in each one.
    You can also use an

if(href.indexOf("guid1") || href.indexOf("guid2")){ code goes here }

seth_coussens - Like this?

if(href.indexOf("guid1") || href.indexOf("guid2")){
    console.log("I'm on the AllWorkItems Page!"); setTimeout(function (){ $('#showActivitiesInGrid[value=false]').prev('input[type=checkbox]').trigger('click'); }, 1000); }; });
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is great.  Thank you!
  • Brian_AtwoodBrian_Atwood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Here it is for broken out for each view.

<pre class="CodeBlock"><code>$(document).ready(function (){
    	if(window.location.href.indexOf("62f452d5-66b5-429b-b2b1-b32d5562092b") > -1){
    		console.log("I'm on the AllWorkItems Page!");
    		setTimeout(function (){
    			$('#showActivitiesInGrid[value=false]').prev('input[type=checkbox]').trigger('click');
    		}, 1000);
    	};
    });

if(window.location.href.indexOf("cca5abda-6803-4833-accd-d59a43e2d2cf") > -1){
    		console.log("I'm on the My Work page!");
    		setTimeout(function (){
    		}, 1000);
    	};
    });

if(window.location.href.indexOf("f94d43eb-eb42-4957-8c48-95b9b903c631") > -1){
    		console.log("I'm on the Team Work page!");
    		setTimeout(function (){
    		}, 1000);
    	};
    });

This is great as many of you have posted. However, what's great about that check box in the Portal OOB is that it remembers your chose when you came back to that page. This customisation kills that as it just 'ticks' it for you every time that view loads. So, what if we want it to default tick for every user, but then remember their choice if they untick it? 
  • Dennis_de_JagerDennis_de_Jager Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Because of the default behavior, I will only implement this on the My Work page.
    The other views are flooded with work items anyway and adding the Activities tick by default will flood it even more.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Its a shame that this one didn't get enough votes. Maybe its a handy add-in that could be available.

It would be nice if the feature could be enabled by default but switched off if users really don't need it. We have some processes based on activities on an SR that sometimes get missed when users have to remember to tick this option. So every time there is an upgrade of sorts then they need to go a tick the option again.