Home Advanced Request Offering

Adding Assets as a selectable list to new user requests

Hello Everyone, 
I've recently been assigned to deploy Service Manager and along the way it was decided to deploy the Cireson products as well.  During the demo of the product we were shown an advanced request for onboarding new employees.  That is one of our biggest request and I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in the direction of the information that describes how to setup that request to allow users to select hardware and software when submitting a new user request.  I've searched for this most of the day but I'm guessing my search terms are incorrect. 

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016 Answer ✓
    In the Request Offering, you'll want to build an input for "Query Results". Then on the Configure Prompts pane, you'll want to build the Query Search for example "All Consumables with a count greater than 0." On the final page of the configuration you'll be asked how you want to relate the Configuration Item (in this example a Consumable) to the Request or activities contained therein.

Once this request is published, you'll have a list of consumables on that request that you can pick from which of course assumes that Consumables in SCSM has values that meet the above criteria.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016 Answer ✓
    In the Request Offering, you'll want to build an input for "Query Results". Then on the Configure Prompts pane, you'll want to build the Query Search for example "All Consumables with a count greater than 0." On the final page of the configuration you'll be asked how you want to relate the Configuration Item (in this example a Consumable) to the Request or activities contained therein.

Once this request is published, you'll have a list of consumables on that request that you can pick from which of course assumes that Consumables in SCSM has values that meet the above criteria.