Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Promoting Activity Views

When i tried to promote a Manual Activity view from Service Manager Console to Cireson Portal, as shown in the image, the ID and status of the activities are shown as blank. However, I can successfully open the activities and locate the ID and status.

This happens with Review Activities also.

What could be the reason?

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It doesn't happen to be a stock view that is leveraging a [me] token is it? That's the only limitation I'm aware of on view promotion.
  • Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    yes indeed. There is [me] token in all my views so I will not be able to promote those views.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Ah, then it's unfortunately not going to happen. Here's all of the exact stipulations from the Cireson KB.

Views that can NOT be promoted

• CI - All views under Computers folder
    • CI - All Business Services
    • CI - All Printers
    • CI - Software
    • CI - Software Updates
    • CI - Users
    • RA - any view using Reviewers
    • WI - Runbook Automation Activities
    • Any view using the Me Token
    • Any view using a Relative Date Time Token
    • Views built with Advanced View Editor (from Technet)
    • Any view that is using a projection with > 2 levels of component nesting
    • All fields added from view builder Custom Columns

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/31#/
    Well the interesting thing is that, even though there is no [me] token in my other MA view, still ID and Status properties are not showing on the Portal. 
    And here is another example. I promoted the default All Change Requests View as below. A lot of parameters are actually missing.

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Are you possibly using the "ID [generic]" property instead of the "ID" property-- how does that column appear in the console?

If you are using an out-of-box view, you might want to try recreating the view using the Cireson View Builder instead of promoting the out-of-box views-- while some of those out-of-box views might work, promoting views from the Cireson View Builder is all that is tested/supported.