Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Activity Form Template

Hi,

I can successfully edit the Incident and Service Request form templates, however i cannot find the template for the activities? Is this available for editing?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ozge, you'll create the Activities (manual activity let's say to start) by going into the Service Manager Console > Library > Templates section and then choosing 'Create Template' from the right-hand action pane. 

Once the Create Template window pops up, you'll enter the name/description as desired and then you''ll choose the class - this is where you can define class of the type of template that you're creating.

Additionally, (the way I prefer to do it) you can create the activities directly within an existing (we'll use SR as an example) Service Request template. Simply open the SR template, go to the activities tab, then click on the plus sign towards the upper right corner to add a new template. If you already have lots of activities saved, the list will be long so it's usually best to start typing in the type of activity you're looking for (we'll use a Manual Activity for this example) so start entering Manua... and you'll see Default Manual Activity show up in the list. Click OK, and then you'll see another window pop up. This is where you actually can build out an activity within an existing SR template. Fill out the details as desired and once done, press OK to save the changes within the SR. You'll have to press OK within the SR to save it again and get back to Service Manager, though you can modify multiple templates at the same time if you so desire.

We found the second way to be easier and more reliable as we have less templates overall to manage and less dependencies to keep track of.

Hope this helps! :)

• Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Jonathan,

My question was about Cireson Portal not Service Manager Console. I know how to create/extend form templates within Service Manager Console. I would like to know if there is a possibility to extend the Manual Activity form template with custom properties in Cireson Portal.

The Service Manager form template has the following tab for Activities however no content is available to edit.

/*********/
                /** TAB **/
                /*********/
                {
                    name: "Activities",
                    content: [
                        {
                            customFieldGroupList: [
                                {
                                    name: "Activities",
                                    type: "activities"
                                }
                            ]
                        }
                    ]
                }
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ozge in this case you'll need to provide more at to what you expect to add - you're going to need to modify the MA class which is done through the authoring tool - I'd suggest checking out this link to a discussion by @seth_coussens to get a better idea: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/169/add-support-group-field-to-portal-ma-activity-form