Home Analyst Portal
Options

Custom Class not displaying within the Portal

James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have created a custom Class for an Incident form called '3rdPartySupportReference' which is of a String DataType which displays on the SCSM Console Incident form as a Text Box.

I made the required changes to the JSON file to allow this custom field to be displayed within the Portal but when I create a ticket in the portal the new custom field is not displayed and no errors are reported.

Now if I create a new Class with the name ‘ThirdParty’ and make the relevant changes to the JSON file it opens perfectly

I have done some testing and what seems to be the problem is when a numeric is used in a Class the JSON file does not like it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to clear up what you have done here.
    Can you please confirm your steps are as below:
    1. Create a custom Property for the Incident class. Property is a String data type.
    2. Add a custom text box control to the SCSM Incident form and link the new custom property to it.
    3. Sealed the new MP and imported it to SCSM.
    4. Confirmed that the new control and property appear and are functional within the SCSM console.
    5. Edited the Incident.js file to add the new control.
    6. Stopped and started the CacheBuilder service (Just to hurry the process along)
    Let me know if this is the process you used and we will see where to go from there.
  • Options
    Hi Brett,

These are the correct steps that I had taken.

Cheers
    James

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you share you unsealed MP?
  • Options
    I have shared them both on OneDrive

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnOloDd3b0E6grpWv4UlmnlLSHBlBA