Home Analyst Portal
Options

How Do I Get ID of A Request Offering Before Published?

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We are getting ready to go-live with our first Advanced Request Offering on the Self-Service Portal.

We have it ready in out test environment and can see the URL for direct-linking.  Since it hasn't been published to production yet, and we need to include the URL to it as part of our steps for our internal Change Request that will need to get approved, I'm looking to find a way to predict what the URL of the production ARO will be.

As an example, this is the edited URL of the test offering:

http//our.domain/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/5491c71b-3ebf-297d-0ed7-c9395e78bded,808a3810-99dc-3ebb-5f5b-fc81a9497bf7

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I need to include the new URL in the CR implementation steps as it will involve teams doing a redirect from the old form (Jira) to the new.
  • Options
    What if we are running off of two different management packs?  (Don't hate me)  How would I get it then?  Some kind of SQL wizardry?
  • Options
    There's no way of getting this from the ServiceManager DB?  I can't publish it because that would bypass our Change control processes.  This needs to be approved before publishing.  I'd like to have the URL handy to give to other stakeholders so they can upload any links on their pages.