Home Asset Management

License Types (servers vs. desktops)

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Asset Management
Apart from Machine Access Licenses and Client Access Licenses, another licensing spectrum goes even further into Machine licensing and that's one that makes a distinction between servers and workstations/desktops.

Something tells me I'm overlooking something obvious, but how could this type of distinction be made easily within the solution so I could show a clear breakdown of license "types" for a particular piece of software to ultimately report and notify on?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I'm not 100% sure if this will help. but do any of the options in the Software Asset for Licensing Mode help?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I originally was thinking the same thing @Tony_Collett, but I think @Brett_Moffett nailed it in the first few sentences. Specifically -

...However, I would split the two in to their own Software Assets. One for Desktop and One for Servers.

Because along a similar line of thought (presumably) from Brett I could now SMA runbook the end solution of a Hardware Asset is of Type "Desktop" or "Server" with a related Software Asset of the item and then create the respective relationship of "Authorized Computers" based on what is what.

To PowerShell!
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭