Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Post Installation - HTTP Error 401.0 - Unauthorized Error

Hi,

Sorry think I initially posted this in the wrong area.

I have been fighting my install (mostly issues with our SQL environment) but now that I finally made it through the installation without errors, I am now getting this HTTP Error 401.0 - Unauthorized (after three attempts to log in).

I have ensure Windows Authentication is enabled in IIS, SVC acct is local admin on Cireson/SM server and SQL server. Also, SVC acct is DBO of ServiceManager and ServiceManagement DBs.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi DHogsed

I had a simalir issue with Naran where we fixed after we installed on the same SQL instance as the service manager DB. See the below thread:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/955

Id you could share the log files that can provide us more information to help troublshoot.
  • DHogsedDHogsed Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the prompt response. I saw that discussion thread last night and followed all steps to ensure the svc account was DBO over both DBs, still no luck.  After going through it again today to no avail I had another eng follow through with me as a second set of eyes and still could not find an issue. Finnaly we did a clean install using the Service Manager Service Account in hopes it may provide a different result and still nothing. Below is the log entry that consistently shows regardless of account or confi used:

2016-09-13 14:16:13,687, ERROR [   5]:  Error accessing SQL Database: Server=scdbs01;Database=ServiceManager;Trusted_Connection=True; Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'MYDOMAIN\MYSCVACT'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Util.ServiceManagerUtil.<Read>d__5`1.MoveNext()
    ClientConnectionId:90820b3d-38eb-4db1-9d26-3e16f051ef29
    Error Number:18456,State:1,Class:14

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide that may help troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Dan 

• DHogsedDHogsed Member IT Monkey ✭
    Looks like the problem was on our SQL install. We did a fresh install of SQL on our SM Mgt server, moved the ServiceManager DB and re-ran the portal install and it came right up. Thanks Again Joe, appreciate the help.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dan for the update - Enjoy the new portal :)
This discussion has been closed.