Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Open Work Item in New Tab (link or right-click) for Cireson Analyst Portal

To be able to work on multiple work items simultaneously, it’s ideal that a new tab would open, rather than only being able to open items in the same window. Ideas: Ctrl + left click, or right clicking a work item and choosing 'open link in new tab', or even having an image similar to how you can open a knowledge article in a new tab would suffice.
30 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Avaiable now in v6.0 + . All grids now have right-click functionality to open in a new tab or new window

Comments

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If I could have only one feature request added, it would be this! A lot of analysts work in this way-- by opening up all of their current work in tabs, and work through it, closing tabs when complete.

The way the Kendo grids are configured now, I'm not sure how this could be worked into the highlighted-grid-link portion on the left, but a new tab is certainly possible:

Here is a mock-up:

Tab.PNG 96.7K
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Nicks grid view (above) has made a huge difference in our office. I'd rather have the middle mouse button in chrome open a new tab, but this is a decent substitute.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the New Tab, I'd add the ability to widen the range of where to click to open the Work Item. I don't think it's an incredibly huge base of people that do it (and even still once they figure it out, they probably don't look back) but I've noticed people try to click anywhere within the line of the work item in order to open it. I've simply assumed that widening this link range it would probably destroy some UI function I'm probably overlooking or possibly preventing from a future idea (i.e. Incident status can be controlled from the above Grid view similar to how activities can be "completed' from their Title line within an SR/CR)
  • Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

So was this requested implemented in the newest versions or is there a work around like in Nicks screenshot? I am pretty new to Cireson, and our Servicedesk would really appreciate this.

• Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I cannot second this enough! I know a new tab is opened when you open a work item after doing a Work Item Search, but it'll make my life so much easier if this was a feature.
  • Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Is there any news on this request?

According to the release notes for 6.0, this feature has been added: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1342#/
    Can anyone confirm this feature is implemented?
    edited September 2016
    We implemented v6.0 and this works perfectly in our development environment.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second - It does work (and the following isn't a criticism by any means!) but the "hitbox" appears to be directly on the text of a Work Item's Title. Which is to say, not the Work Item ID or any of the space in the Work Item Title area.
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Why am I not seeing this when right-clicking a work item in a grid?  I'm using Firefox 48.0.2 on Windows 10 64-bit.

Oh wait.. I see now (Thanks Adam_Dzyacky)   I need to have the cursor over the text in the Title column only.  That's unfortunate.  Also, I had to hit the Reset View button in order for this to start working.

It should work anywhere in ANY of the columns.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I cannot get this working at all for version 6.01, running IE 11.

I clicked "Reset View" but it didn't change anything. Any other tips to get this working?

Unfortunately I cannot get this working at all for version 6.01, running IE 11.

I clicked "Reset View" but it didn't change anything. Any other tips to get this working?

Adrian, are you certain that you are clicking the text? Clicking the column is not good enough, only clicking the text in the title column will do.

I just tried it again, and definitely not working either way (when right clicking the text, or the title column area).

Regards,

Adrian

I'm seeing similar intermittent results with this between several different environments, views, and browsers; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I will submit a bug report to Dev on this thread's behalf.
    Cheers Nick!
    Hi folks,

After a bit of troubleshooting, we have discovered that for upgraded environments the new tab functionality will not work until you hit the "Reset View" button on any page you want to use the feature.

Something cached in the browser from the older versions was causing this-- a brand new installation of 6.0 wouldn't have the same issue.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Great info. I had some users that had it working after resetting the view.
    Hrmm I have tried reset view with no success. I'll log an incident. Cheers,
    Adrian
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hello Adrian,

Are you right-clicking on a custom page or on an out of the box page (Active Work, for example)?
    Just on the Active work page...
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Are you getting the same behavior with multiple web browsers?

No exactly sure why, but its just started working. Not sure why :-/. Thanks for everyone's help though!

Kind Regards,

Adrian

• Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I am still seeing this issue in V7.4 Is there any way to resolve?
  • Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This is still an issue in v 8.2.2.2016 of the portal. The promoted view from SCSM console still won`t open WI in new TAB. Is there some custom fix for this. Browser = Edge, IE11 
    @Mikkel_Madsen
    i will definetly give this a try looks really nice!! just what we need.
    @Mikkel_Madsen
    Great piece of work works very well, but what is the difference in views between Mywork and Team work where it does not work. In the view my work the icon is there and it works like a charm bur changing to team work the view will not show the icon.
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Robert_Osterberg
    I will take a look at it - haven't got the time to really test it :)

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I love when things is build up after the same template. Unfortunatly the grid views are not - My Work view is different than the others, thats why it's not working - I will give it a try to find a solution for the other views.