Home Analyst Portal

Can't add navigation permissions

Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I am trying to restrict access to the Knowledge node on the portal menu but for some reason I am unable to 'Add' AD groups.

In Navigation Settings I remove the tick from Public which reveals the AD Group search box.  I can then find the AD group that I require but I am unable to actually Add the group.  Do we have an issue with the portal or am I doing something wrong?

We are using portal version 6.0.1.1

Best Answer

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Martyn

You should be able to, just make sure you select the group from the drop down rather then type it out. Once it detects a valid group it will let you press the Add group button:

1.png 40.1K
    2.png 11.4K
  • Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Hi Joe,

Thanks for this but I don't see the Add button.  I am selecting from the list as you suggest but get nothing.  Even if I actually do a search I can find the group okay but have no way of adding it (see attached).

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Martyn_Fearn
    Your screen shot does not look like it is the same and this looks like there is missing code of some sort.

Out of curiosity, when you upgrade the portal versions, do you un-select the install database checkbox?
    Have you done this for previous versions at all or is your current install of v6 the first install of the portal in your environment?

Hi Brett,

We have upgraded from previous versions.  I think we just left everything as default when we ran the installer.  I've just had a look at it again now and as it is ticked initially I guess we just left it as that.

I think I must have assumed the installer would detect if the db already existed and wouldn't do anything.

Do you think this has caused the problem?

Hi Joe,

That seems to have done the trick.

I'll add the customisations back in one at a time to work out which one is causing the problem.

Incidentally, the Search bar was not rendering properly either and that appears to have sorted itself out since we removed the customisations also.

Okay so I found the culprit

<span>/* Hide Search Options */<br>.input-group-btn {<br>display: none;<br>}</span>

We're only using the portal for Analysts at the moment and not currently using Knowledge.  We wanted to hide the option to search knowledge and Service Catalog so used the snippet from this article.

Prior to our v6 upgrade I believe this worked fine.  However, now, it causes the Search box to not render properly and removes the Add button when trying to add groups to navigation elements.

When I say Search box I mean the one labelled up as 'Need help finding what you are looking for?'