Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Installer experience for Portal Hotfixes

Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
As a customer I would like to see a setup.exe experience for hotfixes as I can sometimes miss a file or SQL script which will causes issues with the portal.
25 votes

Completed · Last Updated

ClickOnce application now available in all future releases :). See https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1345#/ for more information.

Comments

• Options
    Allen_SparksAllen_Sparks Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would also like that improvement ... IF the setup.exe experience did not remove IIS settings such as URL-Write redirects, https bindings, associated certificates, and advanced authentication settings.    As for the existing experience, I really like the simplicity of being able to simply copy folders and over-write files.  The truly inconvenient task is the running of SQL scripts.   
  • Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input Allen !
  • Options
    Erik_LuthErik_Luth Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Have hotfix updates install like Microsoft Update, a single-click experience. Copying file is so... 
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

This would be handy for app updates too. Just yesterday I updated Asset Management and Licensing apps but there was a file lock on the DLLs I needed to replace.

For an easier way to perform the SQL object updates, I open SSMS, right click the ServiceManagement DB > New Query, then open all of the files in one go. This keeps the context of the instance and database on each of the opened query tabs. Then it's just a matter of repeating "F5, close" until I've updated them all.

We have written a PowerShell command to the same, but it's just as fast to do it manually.

This discussion has been closed.