Home Analyst Portal

looking for powershell or orchastration to backup c:/initpub/cireson/* and IIS configuration

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
looking for powershell or orchestration to backup c:/initpub/cireson/* and IIS configuration and possible any other critical files on nightly basis... even though we run backs nice to have stuff at our figure tips...

Comments

• Thomas_StrombergThomas_Stromberg Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You should not use Orchestrator for backup. use a real backup solution instead like DPM.
  • James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You could do a simple Runbook to monitor the files in the folder and copy them when changed etc.
    We have done something slimier for a customer to copy files to another server when they are changed (for redundancy reasons) and email out any error results, I can provide the run book if required to give you an idea.

• Trevor_WendtTrevor_Wendt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Below is a simple batch script to export configs with date stamp. Haven't tried it in PowerShell or convert it yet. As for changes, I use svn to track changes to custom files and even most the portal upgrade files b/c I'm curious what changes version to version. With svn installed could simply do an svn check-in nightly and have changes versioned... or git if you prefer.

@echo off
    </code><pre class="CodeBlock"><code>set hh=%time:~0,2%<br>if "%time:~0,1%"==" " set hh=0%hh:~1,1%<br>set mnth=%date:~4,2%<br>set day=%date:~7,2%<br>set yr=%date:~10,4%<br>set hr=%hh%<br>set min=%time:~3,2%<br>set sec=%time:~6,2%<br>set dt=%yr%-%mnth%-%day%--%hr%-%min%-%sec%<br><br>set backupdir=c:\backups\iis_configs<br>if exist %backupdir% ( echo %backupdir% exists ) ELSE ( mkdir %backupdir% && echo %backupdir% created)<br><br>%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd list apppool /config /xml > %backupdir%\%dt%_apppools.xml<br>%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd list site /config /xml > %backupdir%\%dt%_sites.xml<br><br>echo Files written to %backupdir%<br><br>timeout 7<br>exit<br>