Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Asset Console/Portal - License key

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
AM currently makes use of an optional AD group to restrict access to the Key property on license forms. How it's worded vs. how it's executed appear to be two different things. If a group is present, that group cannot see the key field. But everyone else still can.

This should be re-worded/the opposite. If a group is present, only that group can see/edit the key. The use case here being I may have several asset managers/users but only want a handful to be able to view/work with the license key.
5 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a bug report for this (IR32921) on the support portal. Last I heard of it was it was going to be fixed in the next version, that was back in February. 
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I submitted a bug report for this (IR32921) on the support portal. Last I heard of it was it was going to be fixed in the next version, that was back in February. 
    Hi Tony, 
    This bug was fixed (https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1240#)  which is where nothing would show regardless of what was in the settings.

Agree with Adam the wording is confusing.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, fair enough. I guess that's where I got confused then, hence the feature request :smile:

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wording change to "Insert AD group of users who cant be trusted with keys"  ;)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wording change to "Insert AD group of users who cant be trusted with keys"  ;)
    Domain Users. :wink:

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely this is back-to-front!?
    There are going to be less people we want to see the keys than there is who we DON'T want to see the keys.
    Like Adam says, I'd add Domain users to that list quick smart.
    In a real world scenario, would we have to maintain an AD group that contains every user, except Asset Admins?
    Seems a little backwards to me.