Home Remote Manage

Sent parameter to Custom Action

Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Remote Manage
How to run external app in "Custom action" with connected computer attribute eg. IP address or computer name.

eg. IT want to run msra to connected computer - in command line I will wrote:
msra.exe /offerra 192.168.56.56
In "Remote Manage app" custom action i defined action:
  • command: msra.exe 
  • arguments: /offerra [IP] 
and it don't works - is there possoble to send computer IP addres attribute

Best Answer

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Marek,

The Remote Manage app, on the Custom Actions tab, only accepts four parameters, one of which is the IP address of the client to execute the action against. This is documented in the PDF that comes in the download of the app itself, however I've added them here also for your reference:

%RM:IPAddress% - used to retrieve the *first* IP address for the client (as displayed under Device Information on the Actions & Tools tab)
    %RM:NetbiosName% - used to retrieve the computer name of the client
    %RM:ResourceID% - used to retrieve client information from the site
    %RM:SMSProvider% - used to call the SMS Provider computer to retrieve site information

Hopefully that will help you out.

Wally

Answers

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Marek,

The Remote Manage app, on the Custom Actions tab, only accepts four parameters, one of which is the IP address of the client to execute the action against. This is documented in the PDF that comes in the download of the app itself, however I've added them here also for your reference:

%RM:IPAddress% - used to retrieve the *first* IP address for the client (as displayed under Device Information on the Actions & Tools tab)
    %RM:NetbiosName% - used to retrieve the computer name of the client
    %RM:ResourceID% - used to retrieve client information from the site
    %RM:SMSProvider% - used to call the SMS Provider computer to retrieve site information

Hopefully that will help you out.

Wally
This discussion has been closed.