Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add Change Requests to My Work view

It would be very useful to add Change Requests to My Work view based on Created By.
20 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our users have asked for this too.  Did I see that tokens (e.g. [Me]) can be used in views now?  That could be a useful stopgap.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be repeating something already known to @dmitry_gladyshev but the CR class does in fact contain "Affected User" it just isn't exposed through the GUI (console/portal). That said, you could set it with runbooks or you could modify the stock console view with a custom MP that adds the User Picker and then update the ChangeRequest.js (presumably) for the portal to expose this relationship as well. Doing this, you could continue to use the console/portal as you've come to expect from other Work Item types (IR/SR)

But given the work (however minor/simple) in doing this, I've long assumed that the architectural decision behind this is that while having an Affected User on a CR is familiar (with respect to IR/SR) it's a bizarre concept on a CR specifically when you think about as by defining an Affected User you're somewhat saying "This change impacts/affects this user." So i think if you do it, your department/org has to come to that understanding.

After this (and only slightly related), you could create a new CR Class Extension MP that adds "Support Group" to CR. Once done, you'll be able to view CR's in Team Work across the console/portal.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I interpreted this to mean "show the CR in the My Work list if the current user is the Created By (User)."

I could easily be convinced (not necessarily speaking for anyone else) that it would make more sense to show it in My Requests instead, but it does not show up there, either.

The person who requested the change will often want to keep tabs on it even if it is not assigned to them.  Email links and the like can take care of this, but what if you keep a clean inbox (pause for laughter :)) and have a large number in flight?

@Adam_Dzyacky 's comments are spot-on as usual, but are a different stripe of the same beach ball.  Which to focus on is a matter of opinion and individual circumstance, so recognizing that the assignee and affected user relationships control what appears in My Work and My Requests (I think--corrections welcomed) are a great practical way to solve this in the near term.  However, some users naturally expect the Created By relationship to make the CR show up for them in one of the grids and it is worth discussing whether the product should be modified to match that expectation or not.
  • Dmitry_GladyshevDmitry_Gladyshev Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    On second thought I agree - it makes more sense to add it to my requests view.
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    ...However, some users naturally expect the Created By relationship to make the CR show up for them in one of the grids and it is worth discussing whether the product should be modified to match that expectation or not.
    We've had a lot of feedback about this too. Our Service Desk submits a bunch of work items on behalf of other people, and would love to have a single view where they can monitor the status of those requests; the Primary Owner field works well for Incidents, but there's nothing similar (as far as I can tell) for Service Requests or Change Requests.
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Tom_Hendricks feature request to 'Display the Change Requests in the "My Requests" view' already exists. Including @Adam_Dzyacky 's "solution" to use Orchestrator to add the CR -> Affected User (=CreatedBy user) relationship just after CR creation.

Here's another thread on this topic including JS "fix" from @Aaron_Boock : Change requests not appearing in My Requests tab

@Michael_Baldry what about creating Feature request for Cireson to make new page in their portal navigation: Requests created by me? @Gabriel_Lences didn't you see such request? What do you think about it? Thanks.