Home Service Manager

SLA Change Request

Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

They want to build a time based/SLA into our change process. So when a change is logged initially, it sits in a state of pending for a period of time before it moves onto approval activity.

I have had some thoughts around using the in-built SLA to set off the warning/breach and then use SCORCH to monitor the change requests?

Has anyone set up something like this?

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't necessarily need to use an SLA (at least, I don't understand why you would need to use them)
    With Runbooks, just monitor Change Requests, and when they have exceeded a certain number of days since creation date, then complete the activity. 
  • Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The requirements I have been given is say for certain types of change requests, they are to sit before going automatically for approval after a specific amount of time.

(this is not my idea :-) )

Update: SLAs let you leverage the calendar, otherwise how do you stop changes being changed state on the weekend.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use a conditional in the Runbook (i.e. If title contains emergency, monitor for 2 days until proceed to Review Activity, else do normal CR process)

If you need to use a Queue (which you would if you were using SLAs), you could do a relationship search for that specific queue. 
  • Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    How would you get it to actually pause using orchestrator when it's non business hours though?

Think I just realised that the SLOs don't work with the change request class anyway, at least they are not showing up at the top of the work item like Incidents.