Home Analyst Portal

Portal Verion 6 and CSS override settings

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
So in version 5 of the portal I was able to put in
#requestOfferingCont {	width:100% }
and all of the fields in the request offering would stretch to the full area. This even worked for items that I had in tables within the advanced request offerings. Within version 6 of the portal I am unable to get items to stretch properly. To make matters worse I am unable to get items in my 2nd column of my table to stretch at all.
I am hoping someone from Cireson can tell me how to correct this. At this point hours of work are gone.

Comments

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Sorry an adjustment to my code that I used in version 5 it was actually:
    #requestOfferingCont .col-group .c2
    {
    	width: 100%;
    }

• Josh_CrewJosh_Crew Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm seeing similar things with ticket forms, the button element doesn't align the same way as it did in Version 5.
    edited August 2016

If anyone is interested this is how things seem to be laid out, as you can see it looks like there have been some major changes to how things are named. This is really frustrating.

• carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Candace,
    I have opened a Service Request on your behalf.   Would you be able to provide us with a management pack containing the request offering you displayed here along with your original customizations so we can look into this further ?   The SR is:  https://support.cireson.com/ServiceRequest/Edit/SR54120/

I do not require a SR for this. No I would not be able to provide the management package. This is an issue that any Cireson user who did custom styling in V5 will see as Cireson has changed their code between v5 and 6. I have already explained how to deal with most of this issue in
  • carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I understand thank you for your effort.
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I do not require a SR for this. No I would not be able to provide the management package. This is an issue that any Cireson user who did custom styling in V5 will see as Cireson has changed their code between v5 and 6. I have already explained how to deal with most of this issue in
    Candice what you have done here is truly creative but by no means would I consider it to be a usual or standard use case.  With that being said in order to meet customer demand of an adaptive UI we made a large number of CSS changes, but we tested them against known customization's. If you were willing to share a test example we could add it to our test environments and test against it in the future.
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Just to make a comment on this. Since portal V3, I have customized the custom.css file to use the corporate colors. In each new version of the portal and due to new functionalities, we have new objects to search manually and to update in the custom.css file.

For my case, orange and grey are the corporate colors and when I launched the V6 version, I am getting plenty of new buttons in blue.

Is there a procedure to apply automatically our colors that I could use for each version upgrade ? Maybe only a mapping between your default colors and our colors would be sufficient ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Just to make a comment on this. Since portal V3, I have customized the custom.css file to use the corporate colors. In each new version of the portal and due to new functionalities, we have new objects to search manually and to update in the custom.css file.

For my case, orange and grey are the corporate colors and when I launched the V6 version, I am getting plenty of new buttons in blue.

Is there a procedure to apply automatically our colors that I could use for each version upgrade ? Maybe only a mapping between your default colors and our colors would be sufficient ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Pierre 
    Completely understand your frustration and need here, this is why we built the portal themer, see more info here:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/898/portal-v6-release-candidate-now-available-for-testing
    Also checkout the v6 release webinar around 49 minutes: 

I am working hard to wrap this up by the end of the week and get a beta out to the community.

--
    James
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot. The portal themer is exactly what I am looking for. I am looking forward to test the beta version.
    Pierre-Louis