Home Service Manager

Form customizations gone?

Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I have a problem where all my form customizations are gone. incident, SR, MA etc. has this happened to anyone else?

Answers

• Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    something very strange has happened, i tried to update the management pack and got an error that sais that this form already has a customization and points to custom_xxxxxx but it is the same name as the one im editing, i ran (Get-SCSMForm -Name "CustomForm_9a06992c_4210_44b8_9327_0c7c6582e982").GetManagementPack() and got that it is the customform MP that i have imported thats blocking me from importing it again. when i look in authoringtools i see that the incident form has 2 custom form and one is named (Duplicate_111) i hav never seen this before. it all started when i installed the surveyapp
    I figured out that this is the previewpane for incident, SR and PR thats blocking the customizations. and i havent even updated these in a long time, could this have happened when i installed the survey app?
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I figured out that this is the previewpane for incident, SR and PR thats blocking the customizations. and i havent even updated these in a long time, could this have happened when i installed the survey app?
    Magnus, you probably want to open a support request on this one. 

Mia's for the Survey App, it does not contain any form definitions so there really isn't any way it could be related. The Survey Apps GUI is purely webside. It uses SCSM only for workflows and storing data. 
    OK, Thank you Seth i will open a ticket.
  • allen_andersonallen_anderson Member IT Monkey ✭
    Service Manager will only allow you to import 1 form extension MP per class type. If you have in house form customization for IR, SR, etc you'll need to merge those changes with those Cireson applications that also contain form customization or you can run into the issues you describe.
    Yes im aware that you can only have one MP with customizations, but this have worked for the last year or so, we havent made any other customizations and the only change we have made in the last month have been installing the Survey app and updgraded the license app.
  • allen_andersonallen_anderson Member IT Monkey ✭
    I don't believe the Survey app contains any form customization for any OOB data models, correct @seth_coussens
    The licensing app definitely doesn't contain any form customization.

It sounds like something has changed in your environment.  It's just a matter of tracking it down.