Home Service Manager

Notifications on Comments added to Change Request

Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi All,

I have a problem where i cannot seem to be able to trigger an email to the created by user when an analyst adds comments to a change request or the opposite when a created by user makes comments.

THis is easy enough to get working in Incidents and Service Requests but doesnt seem to be an option for Change Requests. Any Thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change requests are a little bit different than Incidents and Service Requests. 
    They don't have the "Action Log" that you see on IRs and SRs. They only have a simple 'Notes' section. 

Cireson's Notify Analyst App also only handles Assignment and/or Support Group changes for Changes. 

You can set up a subscription with SCSM's default settings to monitor Change requests for a change to the Notes field and send an email to the user that created (using 'When an object of the selected class is updated")
  • Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hi Tony,

Change requests do have an action log as well as a notes field in the cireson portal. In Service manager however it looks like you are correct there is not action log except for a extension called Action Log .

However if you add comments in the action log in cireson portal they are written to the change request history as work item has comment log add entries just like IR/SR's.

Is there any way to trigger based on this?
  • Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for help on this. I have been able to get to trigger on CR when an action log is added but there is no way of filtering SR's and CR's so they use different templates.

Will look into Orchestrator. Thanks for help