Home Analyst Portal
Options

Adding an ExtensionAttribute field to the Profile section of the User settings

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I've read in the knowledgebase article how additional fields can be added to the Profile section. But it's only possible for common fields. Is there a possibility to add an ExtensionAttribute field to this section? We use some of the ExtensionAttributes to store user-relevant data and would like to display them in the Profile section. The fields would be read-only.

Thanks.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Good Morning @Ingrid_Glatz! We've implemented ExtendedAttributes within the Profile Section just as you've described above. I've included the JS file that would need to be put in the CirestonPortal>CustomSpace folder.

Simply customize as your needs require with either removing or adding additional fields - you'll notice that we kept the PropertyDisplayName as "extensionAttribute_##" as each of the various extensionAttribute_## entries are localized within the Cireson localizations menu since we had to be setup for a multi-lingual environment. 

(Due to file security restrictions within this portal, you'll need to rename to .js instead of .txt once reviewed and ready to test)

Hope this helps!
  • Options

Hi Jonathan,

thank you so much. I'll test it tomorrow. While you've just started working, I'm about to go home. I'll keep you informed how it works.

Ingrid

• Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Ingrid, are you referring to the user information that is available when viewing a work item, or the popup that appears when you click the 'i' next to the user to get the additional information? Or perhaps the user profile page specifically when you click the 'more info' button after clicking the 'i'?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure I understand what you are trying to do clearly.
  • Options

Hello Seth,

I'm referring to the User Settings - Profile section in the upper right corner where you see fields like Name, Email address or Mobile Phone. Here I would like to add one or two additional fields to be populated by AD Information coming from ExtendedAttributes. I'm not talking about the 'i' Information button.

Maybe the JS file Jonathan gave me adds these fields to the user Information when clicking the 'i'? Haven't had the time yet to test the JS.