Home Configuration Manager Ticker

Received announcement not displayed

Hello,

I have set up an announcement and it has been received by my target computers. However, it won't display.  The log file just shows the following over and over again. I have tested this on several target computers: Windows 7, 10, and Server 2012 R2.

10/11/2016 10:58:07 AM domain\user : Checking if Announcement with ID 14f6083615fda8912d15ed814 has been processed.
10/11/2016 10:58:07 AM domain\user : Announcement with ID 14f6083615fda8912d15ed814 has not yet been processed.

How can I get the announcement to actually display?

Comments

• czaddczadd Member IT Monkey ✭
    I installed version 1.2 and now it appears to be working.  The logging in 1.2 was quite helpful. Because my test client is in a different time zone than the sever where the request was created, it arrived at that computer expired.  I'll probably put in a feature request to handle the time zone scenario.  My workaround was to extend the expiration by an hour.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please put through the Feature Request, not sure if that's something that was considered with the Ticket App. I'm glad you were able to get it working with the latest version.

Regards, Tony
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that we only use the time set at the admin console, and don't adjust for time zone differences. That would be a feature request if you have not already submitted it. But yes, an easy workaround is to extend the expiration time to cover your additional time zones.

I'm glad that you like the app.
This discussion has been closed.