Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Controlling access to catalog using catalog item groups and user roles

Hi,

I have the Community portal installed alongside the SCSM html5 portal in my test environment to do some comparisons.

I have setup two service offerings (A and B) and three request offerings (X, Y, and Z).  X and Y have been added to A and a catalogue item group containing X,Y, and A has been created. Z has been added to B and a catalogue item group containing Z and B has been created.  I have then created two user roles one with access to only catalogue item group XYA and the other with access to only catalogue item ZB. two different test users have been created with one added to each user role.  T

The intention being that one user will see only Service offering A and its requests X and Y and the other user  sees only service offering B and its request Z.

This works as expected in the SCSM HTML5 portal whereas in the Cireson Community Portal neither test user can see either service offering or any request offerings in the catalogue.

The catalogue  is working in the Cireson portal as when I access it with my own account which has the administrator user role in Service Manager I can see the whole catalogue as expected in both the Cireson and SCSM portals.

If my configuration to control visibility of the catalogue works in the SCSM portal why does it not work in the Cireson Portal?

Thanks in advance.

- Eds

Best Answers

Answers

• EdsEds Member IT Monkey ✭
    B) was meant not as a "cool" smiley but as B ) :)
  • EdsEds Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi Joe,

I've restarted the cache builder service although this configuration had be done earlier this week so should have already made it into the Cireson Portal, unfortunately this hasn't helped I still see nothing published in the catalogue.  However I have just noted that I can find the request offerings using the search function, and tellingly I can only find the request offering that each test user is supposed to have access to.  I have double checked and confirmed that my catalogue items group includes the service offering as well as the request offerings.

Eds

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Eds

Great if they are showing in the search then its synced down OK. I wonder if its just they service catalog layout you have selected.

Are you able to share a screenshot so I can see what your catalog looks like?

Regards
    Joe
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eds said:
     sorry I should have read more thouroughly :/ a restart of the site has resolved my issue.  Thanks very much
    Awesome - enjoy the portal :)
This discussion has been closed.