Home FAQs

Cireson Community - How to Set an Awesome Profile Picture

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow community people!

Since I had to figure this out myself, I thought I would write a FAQ that you may find helpful for setting your own profile picture.  

In general, this process is super simple - just click on your name to go to your profile then choose 'Change Picture' 

Here's what that looks like... 

(remember to have some fun here... but not too much fun :wink: )

Ok, now that we are past that... here's the good part!

I tried, and I tried to get a picture to look clear, but what I was finding was that the Community site must be obeyed - that is, if you don't supply an image with the correct proportions it will shrink it to fit, which ultimately causes unsightly squishing :s

So I busted out the Chrome Developer Tools (F12) and inspected the element.  BOOM, there it is.  The picture is set to 147 x 99 pixels.  Notice the "Natural" is 250 x 167 pixels.  I scaled my picture down to the 250 x 167 and uploaded as normal and all was right as rain.  

Hope this article helps you out in getting the perfect picture for your profile in order.  

If you have Adobe Photoshop, like me this will be a breeze.  If you don't have an advanced photo editing tool, fret not. Here is a great tool online for you to use: https://pixlr.com/editor/ 

Happy editing!

Comments

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    All the work paid off Chris! Very handsome! :D
  • HarjitHarjit Member IT Monkey ✭
    Nice work. Thanks.
  • paul_suttonpaul_sutton Member IT Monkey ✭
    The question is Chris, what were you pondering when that photo was taken?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    How to best take a selfie at Cireson Innovate 15 ;)