Home General Discussion
Options

Portal v6 Release Candidate Now Available for Testing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello, today we are granting access to the version 6 Release Candidate (RC) - "Portal v6 RC"

This RC is available for you to download and provide feedback on this discussion thread.  Please feel free to download "Portal v6 RC" from here: https://support.cireson.com/portalprerelease/clickonce/Cireson%20Setup.application 

Best Practice: Please install this release candidate in your test/dev/staging environments for testing purposes only, and feel free to leave feedback about your experience on this post if you find any bugs or have any issues (we’ll generally accept praises too if you are so inclined.)

New release process for all Preview Releases (pr) and Release Candidate (RC) will be posted here to the forums so you can download and provide feedback in an open format to our Product and Development teams. Leave feedback on this thread!

Another great feature we plan on including in the near future is the capability to easily theme your Cireson Portal.  This has stemmed from a lot of enhancements we have made to the Adaptive design approach which was implemented in the preview release process of 5.x.   We are working on releasing our first version of this technology which we'll call 'Cireson Portal Themer' currently.  Here's a few early screenshots to wet your appetite.  

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the RC and the Portal Themer!

Comments

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thomas_StrombergThomas_Stromberg Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    is it a bug or by design, when you click on a workitem in a view in 6.0 you have to click on the text and not en entire "blue" area in order to get into the WI? 
  • Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor display issue I noticed on Work Items - when resizing a browser (horizontally) the Status of the Work Item will move to a second line beneath the WI title, but will then overlap it. It doesn't entirely block it out, but does overlap.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Cireson Portal Themer going to be an online service or will it be available for us to use on-site and offline?
  • Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is the Cireson Portal Themer going to be an online service or will it be available for us to use on-site and offline?
    While in "Beta" The Cireson Portal Themer will be a online service that allows you to download a customized theme css file, that you can then reference from your existing custom space css.  If desired we could possibly look at turning this into a stand alone application.
  • Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    is it a bug or by design, when you click on a workitem in a view in 6.0 you have to click on the text and not en entire "blue" area in order to get into the WI? 
    Thank you for the feedback this issue will be addressed in the RTM.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    While in "Beta" The Cireson Portal Themer will be a online service that allows you to download a customized theme css file, that you can then reference from your existing custom space css.  If desired we could possibly look at turning this into a stand alone application.

Thanks James. Since our instances are air-gapped it would be handy to have it on the local network, however it's not a task that we'd have to undertake very often. I suppose "handy" doesn't stack up very well in cost:benefit.
  • Options
    Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Thomas, 
    I think it is handy to have the WI selection NOT be based on the entire line. It allows for easier selection of multiple WIs for applying tasks. WI selection is based on Icon, ID and Title fields, which seem to make sense.
    What do you think?
  • Options
    Hi Thomas, 
    I think it is handy to have the WI selection NOT be based on the entire line. It allows for easier selection of multiple WIs for applying tasks. WI selection is based on Icon, ID and Title fields, which seem to make sense.
    What do you think?
    I do like the change and now i can rightclick and open in a new tab. But i had some trouble getting into a WI because i clicked on the blue bar instead of the text. But that's not a big problem just takes a few days to get used to click on the right place in the portal for the users. 
  • Options
    Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Any updates on the Cireson Portal Themer release?
  • Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It is getting worked on this week
  • Options
    Rob_RRob_R Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    It is getting worked on this week
    When you sad worked on. Was that it will be released within this week or we will announce a release date this week?
  • Options
    AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Any news when this will be released?
  • Options
    PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Do you have a beta version of the themer tool available ? This could help for me to go-live in version 6.
    I can't go-live with a non company chart version and I don't want to make all the CSS modifications manually if we are about to get a tool for this. Thanks in advance. 
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.