Home Analyst Portal

Has anyone been able to create a solution that allows a "multi-select" option within an enum list?

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
We are wanting to have a question prompted to users that would present an existing custom enum list with a picker allowing the user to select multiple options. (Scenario - A system is down affecting multiple locations and user needs to be able to select each of the affected locations)

Is there a way to do this within the Cireson portal or is it a no-go given the SCSM limitations?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

As Billy said, the a Query Prompt is the only way I've been able to achieve this. Unfortunately it's a bit of a beast and caused more confusion for our users.

I'm sure there's a feature request around here for a solution to this problem... I just can't find it.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there's a feature request around here for a solution to this problem... I just can't find it.

@Adrian_Paech put together a nice customization here around improving the query result, + has a link to the feature request.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1167

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have a scenario in which the user can pick multiple Manual Activity support groups.  Then some PowerShell magic will create those MAs with the selected support groups.  My difficulty is that I have to have a custom CI that basically lists the same list that's in the Manual Activity Support Group enum list.  And that means keeping them in sync, blah, blah, blah.  It would be cool if I could query the enum list so I can have a multi-selectable query without the extra steps.

Cheers!