Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Clean Print

Ben_NelsonBen_Nelson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
My office has a lot of old school processes and people who still like paper.  Printing out a Request Offering using the "print" option is essentially a screenshot and often cuts off the bulk of the useful data (description and comment logs).  If I wanted a screenshot I would have just used the browsers print option. 

Requesting that when using the service portal print option that it generates a "Clean Print".  Expanding all fields to read all the text, formatting, and cleaning up the white space.  
55 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Likewise for us. We have built reports to satisfy this "requirement", and we had planned to replace the "Print" task with a link to this report, but we haven't done this yet.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Heya.. would love to see this enhancement added.. would have thought this would be important for quite a few people.
    Cheers,
    Adrian
  • Donna_KennedyDonna_Kennedy Member IT Monkey ✭
    We have requests from the users that need to print their SR & IR to have the ability to change the size of the font because the default is small and hard to read for some.  Can the font be increased in size or an option to increase the font size be added.
  • Ben_NelsonBen_Nelson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Readability is the concern, but I am concerned with waste as well.  Formatting will be key.  A simple IR/SR take up a full two pages with small font.  With the amount of information that is actually on the page, it should be easily condensed into a single page. There is a large amount of white space between items and in the margins.
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    If this function could be also at list / search result level to be able to mass print all SR and IR from the list, this would be very useful for us.
    Our audit team would also be interested by the detail of the activity. 
    To fulfill this requirement, I would see some options for this print function such as a popup requiring the detail of the print (activity detail ? Reviewer detail ?)....

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this function could be also at list / search result level to be able to mass print all SR and IR from the list, this would be very useful for us.
    To fulfill this requirement, I would see some options for this print function such as a popup requiring the detail of the print (activity detail ? Reviewer detail ?)....

This would make the folks who respond to audit questionnaires very happy, I think.  It takes a lot of time to open each work item individually, and try to get each of the form tabs of each of the work items to print, etc.

Solving this with a custom SSRS report is one approach, but this feature would be far better.
  • Ben_NelsonBen_Nelson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The need for this came about again.  We are archiving now and the request to keep certain items for 7 years plus have come up.  Obviously we are looking in to a solution to have a powershell pull into a separate database.  But this solution could be used to help those who need to store for long term but not everything.  I know there is a concern that "paper is inefficient" which I would agree, I believe we would highly suggest printing to a PDF and store.  As it is now, it would take at least 3 prints to get the minimum.
  • Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We also had an issue come up with this today for a specific request. We decided to continue to route a paper form rather than automating approvals through the system, due to the difficulty of getting a clean print to PDF that we could archive.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We would also love that fix.

It actually looks like this if you want to print something from Cireson Portal:

Like this it is absolutely unusable, it looks horrible.

I've also requested a "generate PDF button" to solve that problem:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1909/pdf-generator-button-in-knowledgebase#latest

We would really love to see that fix/feature

Thanks and best regards

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Just revisiting this to see if we can get more upvotes. It was submitted a year and a half ago, but it's still something we desperately need. Even just a print stylesheet to condense the whitespace would be a huge help.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Wendy_Craig I absolutely feel the same.
    @ Cireson Team: Thanks for all your great work, I really appreciate it.
    BUT: There a lot of good feature requets which have been created through customers.
    A lot of these FRs are being totally ignored, altough there were many very good ideas and enough upvotes.
    There are FRs like this one: 
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/814/table-of-contents-for-analyst-content-in-kb-articles#latest
    where it takes 43 upvotes and 1,5 years of waiting to finish something, which has already been implemented at another part of their own system!

The problem is, that here are a lot of customers who give you priceless, constructive feedback about your software. If you are going to ignore almost all of their inputs, one day, also all the customer dont care about this FR section (or even the whole community) anymore, because they think its a waste of time to create FRs, where nobody cares at all about implementing them.

Thanks for all your new software like "True Control Center" etc, but how about listen to customers to make your already existing software even better? I think a lot of customers would appreciate that aswell.

Sorry for my hard words, but they are meant constructive and honest.
    Thanks and best regards
    Silas

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Cireson, anything on this?
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireson, anything on this?
    @Justin_Workman has posted a custom solution to help with a print view on the below thread:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3991

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Customization required just to print...  wow.   OK, thanks Joe.
  • Maryellen_PecarMaryellen_Pecar Customer IT Monkey ✭

We need to be able to show auditors when a user requested access, who approved it and who granted the access.  The approvers will be in several different Review Activities attached to the SR.

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You should see what the layout looks like in version 8.11. It has been completely destroyed and rendered useless. Will give the task mentioned above a try...