Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

My Reports tab - custom views per user

Ryan_MurphyRyan_Murphy Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Create a tab on the left navigation bar where each individual IT Analyst can create a custom view filtered on different column titles such as area, support group, priority, etc. These custom views would only be able to be viewed by the user who created it and wouldn't be a global view. Management is looking for this for reporting purposes, to quickly report on certain work items based on specific criteria. 

Perhaps there is already a way of doing this...if so, could someone share?
1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Ryan,
    I'm not sure I understand, by default and changes make to a view like a filter is saved in the browser cache for that user, so when the same user goes back in on the same browser, the stings are 'remembered'.
    If you want a user to be able to have multiple predefined views, then they can use saved searches. Make a search with the right criteria they want and then click 'save as'
    Let me know if this helps or if I've totally miss understood.
    Geoff
  • Ryan_MurphyRyan_Murphy Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Management wanted a project tracking feature within the Portal. We are using Service Requests and we created a bunch of new fields for different project attributes. Image one is the view within the SM Console. Image two is the view within the Cireson Portal. Management wants to be able to filter on this custom view in the Portal, and then save that view and be able to access it later on. Retaining what is filtered upon is no good as they want to save multiple views/filters.

So, the "saved searches" is sort of what we are looking for here, but with a custom view and custom fields which are built into our SRs, noted above. Image three is what you can search on by default. Maybe there is a way to incorporate our custom fields for our projects into the default search functionality?

To sum it all up, we want management (any IT analyst) to be able to filter on the custom views that we have provided and then be able to save their custom filters as views, only visible to them.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    OK. I see, in that case, a Feature Request along those lines already exists so you can go vote that up.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/242/analysts-unable-to-search-on-customized-incident-fields

I can't think of any other way to achieve this other than create every possible view they might need in the console and promote and give everyone access to all (not a great solution).

Geoff
  • Ryan_MurphyRyan_Murphy Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that feature request is essentially what I am asking, except mine is for Service Requests. On top of what he is asking though, we'd like to be able to save that filter for later use and also have our custom columns in our view as well.

I'd like to leave this feature request open as I've requested an addition feature - and as mine is for a different work item type.